Rugby League

Magic Round benefits no one bar the Brisbane teams. It’s not like Queensland or Brisbane needs any pumping up of their tyres.

I say get rid of the concept. Queensland got their new team, everyone is fawning over them, that’s enough.

I like the concept, but within the next few years, I think a change of venue should be considered for Magic Round to keep it fresh.

Newcastle, Gold Coast, Canberra could be considered… Accommodation could be an issue in Newcastle though…

Oh
My
Goodness!

The winless Wests Tigers have just beaten 2 time defending premiers Penrith, 12-8!
I see it, but I don’t quite believe it!
Probably the upset win of the decade!

It has been quite the day for unpredictable results…

Starting with the Raiders beating the Dolphins in Golden Point, 31-30.

And then the Gold Coast Titans beating Manly at Brookvale, 26-10.

And this!

3 Likes

Writing off my tipping this week. :sweat_smile: What a week of upsets!

3 Likes

Storm will play reigning premiers Penrith on Friday night, June 30 and 2022 NRL runners-up, the Parramatta Eels, on Friday, July 28.

4 Likes

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/newcastle-knights-players-slammed-for-going-to-bali-during-their-bye-round-by-phil-gould/news-story/6d63bfd9b9ae919b1cc9481202757c33

Dear Gus. Shut the f**k up. Concentrate on your own club and get off all of our screens and devices you bee stung dope.

The Bunnies got a fine for the second interchange error.

2 Likes

Probably the right outcome.

Teams have lost competition points in previous years, but these interchange mistakes are a lot less common these days.

2 Likes

Still with the Bunnies…

The teenage spectator who targeted Latrell Mitchell with racial abuse in Penrith will be banned from attending future NRL games until he has apologised to the South Sydney fullback and undertaken education and training programs.

2 Likes

Arnott’s Shapes will be the Official Presenting Partner of the 2023 Brisbane Magic Round, as well as the Official Snack of the NRL.

The partnership extends across all major NRL men’s and NRL women’s (NRLW) assets including the Finals Series, Grand Final, and both men’s and women’s State of Origin.

3 Likes

What on earth will they think of next for a boutique sponsorship?

The official toilet paper?

2 Likes

1 Like

Manchester United Have The Weirdest Club Partnership Ever - SPORTbible.

2 Likes

Yet it makes them money.

There are plenty of ways the NRL can make money - official pinga, offical toilet, offical supplier of illict drugs, the list is endless. :rofl:

Official barristers? Official divvie van? Official plastic surgery? :joy:

1 Like

It was a try fest in the opening game of Magic Round tonight.

11 tries were scored in Raiders vs Bulldogs, and the Milk Machine snuck home 34-30.

It’s the 2nd week in a row where Canberra have conceded 30 points but still won. At least this one didn’t go to golden point…

….

Manly’s woes have continued in their 32-6 loss to Brisbane in the 2nd game.

The Sea Eagles only points came with 3 minutes left on the clock with Ben Trbojevic crossing in the corner.

Tom Trbojevic still looked inconvenienced by a leg injury, he was very quiet again tonight.

20,000 club points reached by the Broncos since 1988.

3 Likes

We are still getting ads for Magic round tickets despite all three days being sold out. I suppose it is to late to withdraw pre-purchased spots on TV.

3 Likes

You’d think they could have replaced the ads with something more generic, or for upcoming games like future NRL rounds or even State Of Origin.

2 Likes

I checked and they are also showing in Sydney - seems a bit late to book flights now.

3 Likes