Rugby League

Cross that one off your 2023 NRL bingo cards

2 Likes

There’s always Melbourne :wink:

4 Likes

An AFL/NRL Grand Final double header at the G !

AFL in the late afternoon, NRL in the early evening!

They can change the goalposts and line markings in between!

4 Likes

The NRL have introduced a mandatory 11-day stand-down period for category one concussed players, effective immediately.

3 Likes

3-0 Dolphins vs 3-0 Broncos.
Couldn’t set it up better for the first Battle of Brisbane!

Go Broncos.

2 Likes

I can imagine next Friday night should be a sellout up at Suncorp for the ‘top of the table’ clash (as they are 1st and 2nd right now on for & against).

I’m hoping the Dolphins can continue the fairytale for another week though.

1 Like

yep its a complete sell out. looking forward to it as a phins member. should be a cracker of a game

3 Likes

Is it just me or have the west tigers got NZ TAB on their jersey as a sponsor?

Looks like it is actually a company called “Fab” Industrial.

1 Like

These Dolphins can swim.

Unfortunately not enough to flog the (formerly) dead horse.

Yes, Dolphins did well, but Broncos had them covered for most of the game.

If the Dolphins can keep up this kind of form from the first 4 rounds, I think they should make the finals.

1 Like

Broncos social media :grinning:

Though it will probably take a bit longer than 34 minutes to get to Redcliffe from Suncorp.

5 Likes

And the Broncs are the champions of awful puns, too. It might help me dislike them less!

A bit cheeky given it was a Dolphins home game.

2 Likes

That will never happen with me.

Except when playing Manly or the Roosters, where I pray for a giant sinkhole to open up and swallow both teams whole.

Yeah, don’t like those ‘silver tail’ teams either (I call the boys from Bondi ‘the cocks’ for a reason).

Lots of close results this season so far and that has rekindled my interest in the NRL. More interesting than the cricket a lot of the time.

1 Like

"Rugby league was the winner tonight " :wink:

5 Likes

I agree i prefer league to the cricket generally, more so because of the consistency of close contests in the NRL.

We don’t see that in the cricket as often.

1 Like

Agreed, particularly in Australia. But cricket remains my sport of choice, NRL second.

1 Like

2nd Golden Point game for the round!!

Souths have ended Manly’s unbeaten start to the season with a Lachlan Ilias field goal in the 81st minute sealing the victory 13-12.

1 Like