Rugby League

Sua’ali’i will play for NSW Waratahs and the Wallabies.

2 Likes

One very happy Sharkie here after that BIG 40-8 win over the Dragons in the local derby!

Scores were close with Cronulla up 12-8 at half time but they ran away with it in the 2nd half with five 2nd half tries.

Earlier today the Warriors won a close one at home against the Bulldogs 16-14, and the Knights upset Canberra 24-14 with 3 tries in 7 minutes after half time.

Where’s the dislike button?

Good win for you guys. But I’m not happy however, coming from a Dragons fan!

2 Likes

I hope I’ve consoled you with a “like” for your post!

Dragons were right in it up until half time, I’m not sure what happened to them at the break.

1 Like

Don’t worry, the Dragons have a habit of having a good first half, and choke in the second half. I’m used to it. lol.

1 Like

Anyone who is expecting things from the Dragons this year is a geologist, quite frankly. The Raiders aren’t doing much either, so it looks like I’ll be supporting the Dolphins this year.

At this point I almost want the Dragons to get drubbed week after week; they need to press the nuke button and start again.

Hook is under a lot of pressure.

I expect he’ll be sacked in the next month or so if they don’t start winning games soon. That will spark a rebuild of sorts.

1 Like
2 Likes

Won’t happen but would love to see the NRL embrace the only market in Australia that actually gets sport.

I’ve been to Origin at the MCG and just hate the experience you get - you’re so far from the action in “good” seats that you just end up TV watching.

If it doesn’t fit in AAMI and needs a rectangle, Victoria shouldn’t bid.

3 Likes

It means Asahi Beverages is now the official beer and non-alcohol beverage sponsor of both the AFL (a 4-year deal was signed in December 2022) and the NRL.

3 Likes

Funeral was on the Gold Coast today

4 Likes

What a game. Sharks had an awesome stsrt to their match. But Warriors had a great comeback. To win 32-30.

My winning streak on my tipping comp sadly finished!!

4 Likes

I am a very shattered Sharkie tonight after seeing a 26-6 lead slip away like that.

Agree, well done to the Warriors to get the win. They never gave up.

Some bizarre penalties both ways too.

3 Likes

Is there a particular reason you support Cronulla despite being a Novocastrian? Supporting anyone other than the Knights is possibly a heretical offence if you live in the Hunter :slight_smile:

(I’m not sure if you posted something about it before, sorry). There’s nothing wrong with going for the Sharks…and I say that as a Dragons supporter!

I’ve been a Sharks supporter since the late 70s when I was a youngster (before the Knights joined), it started out because I liked their colours!

I know just as many people up here who support a Sydney team as I know Knights supporters.

And I reckon it would be a similar story in Canberra and QLD with many supporters of Sydney teams there too.

2 Likes

In my case, I support the Dragons (suburb of origin) and also the Raiders. I’ve had a soft spot for Canberra ever since the all-conquering 1994 side, though. As close to an ‘all star’ rugby league team as there ever was…without it being the Broncos or Storm.

As an aside I call the Queensland teams the ‘brothers’:

Big Brother: Broncos
Little Brother: Cowboys
Baby Brother: Titans
Pet Brother: Dolphins

and

Adopted Brother: Storm (due to all their current and past QLD origin players).

2 Likes

Manly Supporter (Have been since a kid in the 70’s)

I have a huge soft spot for the Dolphins (My QRL team at Boarding school in QLD in the 80’s) and will cheer for any team that plays the Grubbitoes, Dragqueens & Parradontmatta in that order :shushing_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The apology came after fans blasted the design of the Anzac Day guernsey which featured two American soldiers and a MH-60 helicopter - used by the US military - on the front.

2 Likes