Rugby League

3 Likes

KFC will become the official Fried Night Footy™ naming rights sponsor of Friday Night Football from the 2023 NRL Telstra Premiership season. It will also become the official naming rights sponsor of KFC Monday Football matches.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the NRL starting tonight!

Melbourne are surprisingly favourites to beat last year’s Grand Finalists Parramatta in Sydney in the season opener.

My Sharkies will find it tough to beat Souths at home on Saturday night without Nicho Hynes, but you never know!

Just hoping this year’s premiers are not Penrith or the Roosters.

3 Likes

What a start to the 2023 season. Melbourne beat Parramatta 16-12 in extra time, thanks to a Harry Grant try. It means Craig Bellamy keeps his perfect record of round one wins for 20 years in a row.

Tonight’s crowd at CommBank Stadium was 17,301.

3 Likes

Never. In. Doubt.

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Well when Munster left the field with that finger injury and Melbourne down 6-0, i did wonder.

But amazing to win the first game of the year 22 years in a row (since 2001).

3 Likes

Well I wasn’t expecting the Broncos to beat the Panthers on their own turf! (13-12)

Penrith don’t look quite the same without Koroisau and Kikau.

The game was a bit stop start but had some exciting passages.

….

The Knights didn’t do enough to suggest they could be a finals contender in going down to the Warriors 20-12 in Wellington. They still look too reliant on Ponga.

But it’s only Round 1 and a long long way to go!

1 Like

Fucked my tips but GET IN! FUCK THE PANTHERS!

1 Like

Maybe they need some inspo from this:

(I know I’ve posted it before but it’s great).

St. George Illawarra have the bye this week, probably a nod to their chances this year. Nobody wants to see them play :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why did I tip them. Why did I tip them.

2 Likes

Ciraldo’s coaching career off to a flyer. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Dolphins look really solid. Good crowd too at Lang Park.

5 Likes

The Dolphins have caused a massive upset victory over the Sydney ROosters at Suncorp Stadium, beating them 28-18.

9 Likes

History repeats for Wayne Bennett. 35 years ago, he led the fledgling Brisbane Broncos to a 44-10 win over Manly in their first game in the NSWRL.

2 Likes

Though I think this win ranks even higher, as the Dolphins didn’t get the same star studded roster that the Broncos had back in 1988.

5 Likes

A very big win to the Dolphins, which noone saw coming.

3 Likes

It seems the Dolphins are mightier than the Sharks, for the moment at least. The Roosters were bamboozled by Bennett’s flipper.

3 Likes

I was at the game and it was a classic.

I ended up putting $10 on the phins at $6.50 - brought a carton on the way home

4 Likes
5 Likes

Is the NRL doing their weekly Facebook show this year?

1 Like