Rugby League

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

What a shit looking ground. Is there any real reason why it’s being played here and not at Mt Smart?

Rotorua is big on Maori culture and to spread games around NZ

1 Like

Probally part of the NRLs plan to take games to rural areas?

1 Like

Does Sky NZ not have the ability to superimpose graphics onto the field? They’ve un-characteristically painted the centre logos on the field for the match today (and they’re off centre…).

1 Like

The painted logos always look better I think!

1 Like

Maori and Indigenous teams split this afternoon’s All-Star matches at Rotorua. Maori won the women’s match 16-12.

Indigenous team came from behind and won the men’s clash 28-24, thanks to a Selwyn Cobbo hat-trick within 12 minutes of the second half.

Today’s attendance was 17,644.

3 Likes

They did superimpose the Doordash and Harvey Norman logos on both halves of the playing field.

2 Likes

Yeah but I would have assumed they would superimpose all of them like during the regular season.

1 Like

UPDATE

3 Likes

St Helens have won the World Club Challenge title, beating Penrith 13-12 in extra time at Panthers Stadium last night. It was the first WCC match since 2020 due to COVID pandemic.

5 Likes

The NRL has cancelled Thursday’s season launch event.

5 Likes

I do love that they will boycott some media, but Kayo’s launch was ay-okay!

Because there isn’t an ongoing contractual disoute between the RLPA and Kayo.

Yeah but they’re always saying that they won’t do media for the league or their partners.

They’re also likely being paid by Kayo to appear too

3 Likes

Aren’t they not wanting to accept payment in order to force the NRL’s hand due to pressure from league sponsors?