Rugby League

Redcliffe Dolphins.

Didn’t they say they were going to use a different name (so that they represent a larger population)? And so that fans of other QRL teams would support them in the NRL.

1 Like

Suggestions talked about are North Brisbane or maybe Sunshine Coast Dolphins. I think fans will be asked their opinion.

Sunshine Dolphins
Moreton Bay Dolphins
Northern River Dolphins
River City Dolphins
Redcliffe-Sunshine Dolphins

some suggestions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Moreton Bay Dolphins sounds like a suitable name.

Have Redcliffe Dolphins ever played at Sunshine Coast in the Queensland Cup?

2 Likes

Dolphins v Sharks, the water derby :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Will not be attached to an an area by name. Will simply be known as “The Dolphins”.

2 Likes

That is because community consultation will result in the club branding and identity including the name

2 Likes

*Deleted

I disagree. It opens the team up to wider sponsorships and potential fans. If they went with Redcliffe it limits the potential fan base to just Redcliffe and it’s surrounds. This way they can draw in fans from all over QLD.

2 Likes

*Deleted.

You don’t have to live near the team you support…

3 Likes

Deleted.

The hype of new team and the Wayne Bennett factor. What if they manage to sign their favourite player to the team so you follow them over?

My grandfather went for Melbourne Demons all his life and lived in NSW.

My cousin goes for the Western Bulldogs but lives in Sydney.

1 Like

As demonstrated by the recent NRL Grand Final at Suncorp. I couldn’t believe that both Panthers and Rabbitohs had so many fans in Queensland.

1 Like

Exactly. Thanks mate.

Deleted

I didn’t say that you were? Relax. I thanked Johnson for adding to my point. Odd take that you think I’m calling you an idiot?

There like the Port Adelaide of Queensland Rugby League, winning the Licence after years of Unsucessful Lobbying.

I’ve got no idea whether this is the case for your family members, but one would’ve thought that most people take their support for a favourite local sporting team (and it doesn’t matter which code we’re talking about really) with them to a new location.