Royal Wedding 2018

Looking at all the caps, Sevens location was right in the heart of the action. Nine and ABC had not life going on behind them. Seven must have paid big bucks for the space but it paid off for them. Also having Mel and Michael was a winner in my household as they are trusted and untarnished brands in their own right who were respectful but exciteable.

4 Likes

Yes it was.

By the sound of things, Nine’s Royal Wedding coverage probably could’ve done with some Peter Overton?

One member from here, whose username is one vowel different from the word ‘Silly’, noted on TV Tonight that ABC was the “biggest loser”, but curiously didn’t mention Ten’s ratings.

The member whose name is similar to Silly should remember that his beloved Ten rated half of the ABC, and total network share ranked as a whole number somewhere between 5 and 7%.

Such a sully bully.

8 Likes

They could’nt afford it given their CBS Ownership, Tendaily at least Streamed BBC’s Coverage which was cheaper than doing it themselves, Anyway how did TVNZ and Three in New Zealand do with their own Broadcasts Ratings wise?

1 Like

Last night, Ten’s Prime time share of 3.4% is much lower compared to SBS. I think that 3.4% is the lowest share ever that TEN had recorded. This is not going to look very good for Channel ten on Saturdays.

1 Like

WOT do you mean? Shouldn’t they be able to afford it because CBS owns them?

Pathetic night for TEN. 6.0% in total shares. Can’t imagine what would happen in Summer.

2 Likes

Given their CBS ownership perhaps they could afford it. It was a dreadful decision not to air it and the people responsible should be sacked for 3% audience shares.

3 Likes

Sunrise:

Today:

3 Likes

I agree.

Although I certainly wouldn’t recommend airing CBS Royal Wedding coverage on Ten for an Australian audience, surely CBS News would’ve been producing something for their TV network in the United States?

They could’ve simply had Sandra host from Sydney and do a cross to Lisa and Angela Bishop then take the BBC feed directly. Would’ve got more of an audience than they did. It wouldn’t have rated like seven or nine but would’ve done better figures than Air Force One.

3 Likes

Have to agree though. It was hideous.

And who is the ABC chick in the other bad floral outfit?

Watched some of the CBS coverage on CBSN with Gayle King. Was pretty good but decided to stream BBC News to get a UK perspective. No ads and great commentary from the BBC (and the added bonus of Meredith Vieira!)

2 Likes

I jumped between 7 and 9 for the wedding arrivals and stayed with 7 for everything after. I found 9 spent too much time with reporters and presenters on screen. I want to see who has been invited to this wedding, not watch the same old reporters rehash the same content for hours. Graphics on 7 and 9 were both horrible.7 also started coverage way earlier than 9 what would have helped them keep up numbers throughout the night.

love the gold logo from 7 for both the news and sunrise, looks better than the regular one

1 Like

Weekend Today looks so much better in the main studio.

2 Likes

CBS would not be happy with local management choosing not to air the wedding.

If the wedding was shown on TEN last night, the figures would have at least doubled the network shares. They should have had the Project team on last night.

6 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to have a pointless dig at me.

Ten didn’t have any royal wedding coverage, so why would I or anyone even bother talking about that, apart from those who just want to troll Ten for all they’re worth.

I’m sorry you and some others precious Nine News failed to win, a great example how they’re not Number 1 in everything when it comes to news, as other members said here, viewers in EVERY city voted with their remotes.

:smiling_face:

Btw, I thought Melissa Doyle was excellent, severely underutilised at Sunday Night IMO.

@Nicholas I’ve created a page here: Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

4 Likes

Do you work for Ten or something? If constructive criticism is considered ‘trolling’ by your definition then I wonder if you will have a heart attack when real trollers ‘troll’ your precious Ten.

2 Likes