Royal Wedding 2018

As I said elsewhere…they should have just aired the wedding like everyone else and would pick up a few more viewers than they got.
Stupid decision by that Mcgarvey woman. She is fucking useless at her job.

WOW - that’s shocking.

They really should’ve utilised Lisa and Angela.

5 Likes

Seven did win.

• Nine coded the Wedding into 3 segments: Wedding; Pre-Wedding Special and Post-Wedding Special
  • Seven (and ABC) coded it as: Countdown; Arrivals; Ceremony; Procession
6 Likes

Did Ten not get the rights to telecast the wedding?

Ten streamed it on their website.

Seven News Sydney also had what was probably their highest rating Saturday night bulletin in years.

Just incase you were wondering, it appears that pun by the NT News has been approved by current Ginger Meggs artist Jason Chatfield:
https://twitter.com/Jason_Chatfield/status/997832322169868289

As for Ten’s ratings…absolutely pathetic! Although I didn’t really care for any channel’s Royal Wedding coverage, Ten really should’ve been running coverage last night because in 2018, alternative programing is (or should be) for multichannels!

1 Like

Seems like last night was a case of ‘Turn Off 10’.

4 Likes

Got nearly 1M more then last time.

No surpises considering it was a Saturday night

When all of 7s parts rated higher than 9s, no matter what they’re coded, they must’ve won.
Yes there were variances in some cities due to the footy…

1 Like

Just heard Rita Panahi say on 3AW’s Sunday Morning that Seven won the royal wedding ratings last night.

Then Nine, ABC and SBS a long way behind apparently.

Given how Nine News rates in Sydney and Melbourne, that must be a shock? Let me guess, Perth helped Seven?

ABC:

SBS:

Seven:

Nine:

Billboard:

Ten:

Update in HD - perhaps live?

8 Likes

No, every city helped Seven win, including those where the coverage was on 7Two, where it still rated highly.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:
Seven did very well then.

4 Likes

Perhaps we can create a thread in the vault with these images.

4 Likes

Any figures about SBS?

It got 2.9,just behind ten

3 Likes

Gee, if we crunch the numbers, the whole country watched the wedding then. Was the ‘Studio’ in Australia or London?

@Abesty From SBS’ coverage, is that Ben Lewis who used to work at Ten?

2 Likes

This article makes me sick

3 Likes