Royal Wedding 2018

Nine is set to reveal the team to cover next month’s wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. According to the Herald Sun, Georgie Gardner and Karl Stefanovic will host the telecast, with Allison Langdon, Laura Turner, Michael Best and Seb Costello as reporters.

2 Likes

Overkill much,

4 Likes

I wonder if The Chaser can commentate this time.

2 Likes

NINE: YOUR HOME FOR THE ROYAL WEDDING

Hollywood meets history when Prince Harry marries Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle on Saturday, May 19, and Nine will give audiences across Australia unprecedented access and insight to the event the world will be watching.

The countdown begins with Nine’s Royal Wedding Week from Saturday, May 12. Nine News, A Current Affair, 60 Minutes, Today, Today Extra, 9Honey and 9News.com.au will cover all the preparations from the UK ahead of the most talked-about wedding in years.

Then on Saturday, May 19, at 7.00pm Harry & Meghan – The Royal Wedding begins.

Presented by Georgie Gardner and Karl Stefanovic, this special event will capture all the colour and emotion of the wedding ceremony from key locations across Windsor and London.

Our unrivalled team of reporters include Allison Langdon, Lizzie Pearl, Laura Turner, Michael Best and Seb Costello.

Our unparalleled group of Royal insiders will take viewers into the inner sanctum of the world’s most famous family. Among them are Camilla Tominey, Royal Editor of the UK’s Sunday Express; Dickie Arbiter, former press secretary to Her Majesty The Queen and media manager for Prince Charles and Princess Diana; and esteemed Royal photographer Arthur Edwards, who has chronicled more than 200 Royal tours across 120 countries in a career spanning more than 40 years.

Wherever they are, Nine’s viewers will be able to catch every moment live – on their televisions, mobiles, and streamed live on 9Now, with round-the-clock updates in 9News.com.au and all the gossip that will place 9Honey royal-lovers right in the centre of the action.

Get your friends together and watch history being made when Prince Harry marries his Hollywood princess, Meghan Markle – on Nine, your home for the Royal Wedding.

2 Likes

Good to see Nine managed to incorporate the ‘un’ hattrick (unprecedented, unrivalled and unparalleled) into that press release…

3 Likes

Do you think they will host the coverage from the UK?

Spew. No thanks

3 Likes

According to Mediaweek, UKTV will relay BBC’s live and uninterrupted coverage of the wedding and procession.

1 Like

I think they will be right there, as close to Windsor Castle as they can be.

Hot tip on how to better enjoy this topic :grinning:

12 Likes

UKTV coverage. The wedding is at 9:00pm AEST.

The SMH reporting that Ten is apparently sending Lisa Wilkinson and Angela Bishop to cover the wedding, which has disappointed Ita Buttrose as she assumed she would be going.

Melissa Doyle will front Seven’s coverage with other details not yet know.

2 Likes

Is this nicely timed so Ita Buttrose can be in London for Nine’s coverage in a few weeks, I wonder?

3 Likes

If all the networks are covering the royal wedding why is nine claiming to be the “home of the royal wedding”

1 Like

I would be surprised if Ten have rolling coverage of it. I only expect them to put pieces into their news & current affairs program. Like Ten News and The Project.

1 Like

The Wedding Project could be a good working name but I’m not holding my breath

Did 10 covered Wills and Kate wedding in 2011

Yes they covered it.

They’ll whack it on as well as it’s a Saturday night and doesn’t cost anything to put the pool stream on.

You wouldn’t really understand how royal weddings are covered over the many many years so stop making assumptions.

It’s following on from them claiming the same thing for Prince William & Catherine’s wedding in 2011:

1 Like

It’s stupid as there’s no exclusivity. All the networks covered it back then and they’ll all do the same again. Bullshit hyperbole from nine.

4 Likes