Royal Wedding 2018

I know you’re not the movieman anymore, but that’s just lazy.

6 Likes

Anyone watch on tendaily? If so, how was the quality of the stream? I’m overseas at the moment and the videos are all geo blocked. I would’ve thought given Ange & Lisa are both over there that they could’ve top and tailed some coverage or even broke away for some of their own coverage or commentary. Or since Tarsh was in studios after the 5pm bulletin finished that they could’ve utilised her better.

Why can NZ do classy and not 2003 style GFX for this stuff. Come on Australia, lift your fucking game. Even if NZ is too cheap to send their hosts there.

1 Like

Is it just me or is Karl not suited to these serious new events? It’s like the whole time he was itching to say something stupid or immature, which he managed to do. And he wants to work on 60 minutes!

1 Like

It was a royal wedding, not a school shooting.

1 Like

I’d say NewsHub’s H&M bug/graphic is hardly classy.

The ABC’s flower and paper motif was tasteful, they just ruined it by the pointless GCI at the start of the opener. They also used a real nice theme music.

Commercial networks though? They’re always going to be tacky and tasteless. Ten circa 2010 would’ve done a good job! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Stream quality looked SD, although I have a Hi-Res monitor so it makes a lot of things look a little blurry. Basically a straight BBC feed ad and mostly super free.

More significantly for TenDaily though, they had the best traffic yet on facebook for their royal wedding coverage, and presumably record traffic on their website.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I figured it might be.

I can see from Mel’s post here they had most of the senior editorial and support team in the office yesterday to cover the event so it’s great to see them covering the big events like this.

2 Likes

2 Likes

The figures won’t be posted here until tomorrow but Seven’s coverage won in the ratings.

3 Likes

Royal Wedding peaks at more than 5.7m | TV Tonight The last wedding reached a record 5.7 million viewers, the most watch TV event in Australia this century .

I was watching CNN for an American perspective. FTA and Subscription ratings will be big.

NT News’ brilliant front page

5 Likes

A shocking night for ten with an audience share of 3%.

4 Likes

Did the ABC go to the wrong park? There was nobody there!

They whalloped the rest

Are we sure that they actually won? It looks like they coded all the segments separately while Nine coded the event as one?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Saturday figures this high. Outstanding!

As for Ten, that must be their lowest ever. Disgusting.

1 Like

Dont know whether anyone else picked it up, but SBS despite promoting having Joel Creasey quite heavily had to drop him once the ceremony started because of some royal broadcast rule not allowing comedians on the coverage

Same reason the HBO wedding commentary on Fox8 with Cord and Tish didn’t feature any footage of the ceremony, only the parade afterwards, and also why the Chaser were completely banned in 2011.

1 Like

He had a gig on.

Dreadful ratings.