Royal Wedding 2018

A live coverage of the Harry & Meghan Wedding with no ad breaks.

1 Like

Canadian TV style with in program pop-up advertising (and sponsored countdown clock) :hushed:.

5 Likes

Did Seven run ad breaks during the actual ceremony?

Melissa Doyle and Michael Usher are back commentating now.

3 Likes

No ad breaks during ceremony.

2 Likes

The ceremony is also being streamed live around the world on YouTube.

ABC News website has a royal makeover

3 Likes

NBC

Global watermark

4 Likes

MSNBC

3 Likes

Nine’s coverage has been slammed.

3 Likes

Lol. Why am I not surprised that the Fail has already jumped at it. Pathetic journalism as usual.

9 Likes

Seven finished at 11:14

I remember having to sit through Charles and Diana, then Andrew and Fergie. I think I know how this ends but I won’t spoil the “fairytale” for anybody.

Fast Forward a few decades and a royal wedding doesn’t necessarily have to stuff up an entire night’s viewing. Rebel in the Rye (2017) was an OK watch for someone who doesn’t get sucked in by the phony pomp and ceremony of the blue blood soap opera.

3 Likes

Seven’s coverage finishes at 11.15pm AEST.

1 Like

4 Likes

Nine finishing up at 11:27

1 Like

And instead of airing an encore of The Voice or something for exposure and promotion, are airing some B-grade movie instead (Seven ran with House Rules encore).

I am against encores as some may know, but only during key prime time, not late night, when they can be beneficial for network.

1 Like

I saw a post on Twitter which said something like American networks did not get it for their coverage. I guess they did it from the showbiz point of view because Meghan is an American and was an actress.

1 Like

NBC Today are now replaying the ceremony in its entirety for those who missed it earlier.

Good idea, especially for people who live on the west coast of USA who would have missed the ceremony due to time difference.

1 Like