Regional Affiliation Swap 2021

With Nine on WIN in HD and 10 most likely in HD, GWN7 will have the 3rd best picture quality. Local news on there is unwatchable.

4 Likes

And behind the ABC and SBS main channels which are both in HD, as are SBS Viceland and SBS World Movies.

3 Likes

Commercially I meant. ABC and SBS are well above.

2 Likes

But of course, the ABC/SBS offerings are more or less identical everywhere (aside from timezone and state news/capital city radio variations) so comparisons between them and whatever the commercial networks do are pointless.

2 Likes

Given 10HD and 7HD listed as Mpeg 2 services, it looks like no SD services needed (just 2 LCNs pointing to same stream) and possibly they will be 1440x1080 HD similar to 7/70 in regional Queensland.

Edit: though Seven QLD has to squeeze more streams into their multiplex so may still be 1920x1080.

5 Likes

They’re basically getting 10HD already just with the WIN brand attached.

4 Likes

It never works that way though. The owners make pledges when they take over to protect local content then start to chip away at them as soon as they can. It becomes a case of them knowing the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

5 Likes

Does anywhere regionally get GEM in HD? Not in Qld …

10Bold isn’t in HD here either , only 7mate.

3 Likes

Are you referring to from tomorrow or as of now? Northern NSW has had 9GemHD for a few years.

6 Likes

I broke the antenna socket on my TV recently so it doesn’t scan the FTA channels so I won’t be able to tell when our channel names change if it happens today. :frowning: I watch mostly through Fetch but I think that handles the names differently, will keep an eye out for changes anyway though.

1 Like

Tomorrow.

1 Like

Which channel is the original WIN Ten that launched in 2004? Is it the incoming 10? Must be confusing in that region with networks swapping all over under one brand of ownership.

Is the original SES8 now a Seven affiliate or is it on air as WIN?

2 Likes

Did you f**k it? How many times do we have to tell you, stop humping the television! :wink:

1 Like

I did say I had the hots for the dots on the box and this speculation about WIN becoming Nine just got me really excited.

7 Likes

If you’re going to do this, please be safe and use an adaptor.

3 Likes

Thanks mate. None that I am aware of.

2 Likes

7 Likes

What are we expecting from SCA with their news updates from the Tasmanian studios. What will these 11 journalists doing? Just reading headlines?? Will their be any footage used?

1 Like

Hopefully they go out with a bang!

1 Like

No doubt Imparja is holding that back :roll_eyes:

2 Likes