Regional Affiliation Swap 2021

On my Fetch box the series recording for HYBPA hasn’t picked up the next Monday episode on what it still showing as Nine for that day. I’m guessing that a lot of series recordings may be affected.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been thinking about that too - if you go into the series links it looks like it records only if it’s on that channel which will mean anything on Nine and Ten’s suites of channels will need to be recreated. HYBPA will certainly be affected as at the moment the channel name will be for WIN but next week the channel will be 10

1 Like

7 Likes

Why the difference in WA?

2 Likes

No GOLD due to the way they deliver the channels to each Tx. They have no room for it.

But the LCNs have me stumped. No idea why they can’t use 81. They’re using 81 on terrestrial for 10 Bold now. But on VAST 10 Bold is 82. Who knows?

4 Likes

That’s what I meant.

1 Like

For a brief period after the swap, some transmitters used an alternate version of the WIN Ten channel order:
8 WIN
80 WIN HD
81 WIN
82 ONE
83 ELEVEN
84 WIN Network placeholder
85 TVSN
86 GOLD
88 ONE

For some reason, WA didn’t change to the official order and stuck with that.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s as though VAST has reserved 81 for something. Perhaps it’s a simulcast issue? Like, 8 WIN still has 81 reserved as its simulcast from the Nine days but it isn’t used anymore? That’s about the extent of my technical understanding of how VAST’s bouquets work. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This was the version on the Tasmanian page… the second version, the original one had “WIN News delivers regional Victoria’s latest news, sport and weather” which looks to have now been changed.

2 Likes

Not sure why a release to the mainstream audiences would include terms like “affiliation” which are industry jargon.

5 Likes

will the new affiliation deal mean that WIN will telecast the NRL live on Thursday and Friday nights and Sunday afternoon on the main channel in Victoria, Tasmania, SA and WA?

2 Likes

No - aside from Hot Seat airing at 4:30pm followed by WIN News at 5:30pm, they’ll follow Nine’s schedule

3 Likes

Yeah that would be good, would like to be able to do that but I don’t have the equipment.

2 Likes

My secret underground streaming servers will contribute to such requests.

10 Likes

More than likely they will be shown on GEM. In Queensland and NSW NRL will be shown on 9 and 9 HD

2 Likes

This Thursday and Friday the NRL is on 9Go channel 82 on WIN in Victoria and other non NRL areas because of Wimbledon on 9Gem channel 81.

3 Likes

unless someone can confirm it on their tv guide if it say win or 10

1 Like

I think the term “affiliation” has been in fairly general knowledge dating back to aggregation when regional affiliations began to be a thing.

5 Likes

a. number of people did to be honest

1 Like

I’ve put together this compilation to archive some of the presentation elements of WIN as we come to the end of the 10 affiliation. Only saw that one Nine promo air in the whole 2 hours that I recorded for, pretty dismal in my opinion.

9 Likes