Regional Affiliation Swap 2021

“Got permission”

YESSHOP would’ve paid SCA for carriage, as SBN does. YESSHOP then went bust.

12 Likes

Looking at the Nine and WIN guides for the main and multi channels from Midnight 1 July they are identical, unless I have missed something, except for the shortened 4:00pm News, early Hot Seat and WIN News.

Fishing Australia was on Sunday afternoon at 4:30pm on WIN, including yesterday. Next weekend it’s not scheduled.

4 Likes

damn mappys back thank god for another 2 days after tonight

1 Like

ha i really hope mappy gets lost on June 30th midnight, itherwise i can see this place blowing up on Thursday of it doesnt, also i honestly cant believe SCA are advertising shows on 9 past June 30th, free kick to WIN.

2 Likes

should I get my affiliation swap popcorn ready?

5 Likes

2 days to go cant come fast enough

1 Like

Still absent on WIN WA and WIN Qld…

Do we know if WIN will be using clean feed from Nine or a dirty feed?

it didnt last long back to the circle one

I think it’s called swapcorn

9 Likes

In Tas SBN is on 7 Tasmania and I’m guessing will stay that way. Will be interesting to see if Sky News Regional does come to Tas and whether it will be on TDT or 7.

It used to, it was all the Ten logos but the scenic loops and some sales advertising, even a sponsorship or two I think had the full “Tasmanian Digital Television” or “TDT” logos.
Here’s the history of the logos.

TDT | Logopedia | Fandom

Since 2016 the brand has been completely the Nine one, even on the building in Hobart where their office is. I think the other TDT one was just a quick one made for when the deadline of the last swap fell and they could no longer use the Ten logo and before they signed the Nine agreement in the hours leading up to the affiliation swap.

5 Likes

That’s… exactly the point that @SydneyCityTV and I were making. 9 times out of 10 (no pun intended :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) viewers saw “Ten”, the TDT name and brand was only used rarely and only in cases when they needed to single out the station from anything network-related. Under the Nine affiliation the TDT name has disappeared on-air.

4 Likes

Here is some TDT on air branding

8 Likes

Forgot about those ones, there were probably also some more in the early years too when while they had the Ten affiliation, Southern Cross still had the dual 7/10 affiliation so there were several shows which were still exclusive to Southern Cross - it led to some nights with a lot of episodes of The Simpsons… which were still first run for us Tasmanians anyway!

7 Likes

Might as well re-post these while we’re on a nostalgic trip through Tassie.

tdtdaylight.avi -_00008
_-_00007

16 Likes

I always hated when Tasmania would start daylight savings early i would get up for school and NBC Today would be on tv instead of Sunrise at that time of the morning.

2 Likes

(arguably better than Sunrise tho)

4 Likes

So, Nine branding on Win hey… I wonder who said this a few weeks back? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I wish there were caps of the clocks from Sunrise and Today in those days too - they were so basic. lol.

Is anyone planning to, or able to, record something like this on Wednesday night for the affiliation change?

Credit to the original uploader.

6 Likes