Regional Affiliation Swap 2021

Well you learn something new every day

1 Like

*Sky News Regional and 9Life switch over from August 1.

No, they don’t. 9Life disappears from July 1 then reappears from August 1 when Sky News moves to SCA/10.

2 Likes

Yep. That was my first thought too. Looks very similar!

2 Likes

on ET still no mappy lol wonder if they retired mappy or will we see mappy before july 1 lol

1 Like

The MasterChef image is definitely new - with the current judges.

204183727_148550507340800_315329244493560506_n
first time i saw this on a update telling win news new time slot from july 1

2 Likes

But that and the channel names might be it…

Easier for them to change the names and the channel numbers around and recycle last time’s report.

lol we got a sneak peak of 10 logo better then a flash haha was long enough to see it win didnt seem to care

1 Like

Definitely. Can remember that exact same picture from 2016 but with the 10 and 9 obviously the other way around.

This is likely the reason they’ve got the old 10 logo.

Here’s the old one from 2016:

13 Likes

Yeah but they bothered to change the SCA logo

2 Likes

Appears they didn’t use the SCA logo on the 2016 version, all other logos they kept and moved

2 Likes

It seems odd to me that TVSN would stay with WIN given that it’s a Ten Metro multichannel. It may be a shopping channel, but it’s only a part of WIN now because of the Ten affiliation, I doubt it would remain after Thursday.

3 Likes

Also seen here -

2 Likes

The Mercury has buried the lede here. No mention of SBN on SCA 10?!

(Busy work day, in case you’re wondering)

8 Likes

New time in the smallest possible text :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Yeah that info should really be reversed.

Better yet, on the top super ‘New Time’ and on the bottom ‘From July 1 5:30pm’.

Or something along those lines.

3 Likes

im waiting to see what happens on wednesday wins last local news

Also its original name. It’s not like it’s going to be the on-air brand though, the switch to the Nine affiliation brought a new TDT logo but the station was still “Nine” in almost all cases.

3 Likes

Although it’s the callsign (in much the same way Southern Cross has TNT while WIN has TVT), I don’t think TDT has a particularly significant history as an on-air brand.

Perhaps there’ll be some TDT logos for corporate/sales use, but I think the viewers at home will mostly know the channels as 10 and 10 BOLD/Peach/Shake as per other markets.

4 Likes

With all this talk about the uncertain possibility that WIN will get to keep TVSN, let’s remember that after SCA lost the license, they got permission to broadcast a TVSN knockoff from New Zealand (YESSHOP), but got TVSN back for their Ten affiliates months later.