Regional Affiliation Swap 2021

A sample of some presentation elements from WIN and multi-channels today, to archive this on the last day of 10 presentation

6 Likes

Seeing as Wimbledon is scheduled from 11.50, Nine might even end up running 10 minutes late like they were on Monday.

1 Like

Set all my recordings for tonight. Did laugh at the Law & Order Criminal Intent one - starts at 11:50pm and then ends at midnight in the guide.

Wonder how long until the TDT website is refreshed too and left untouched again for all eternity.
www.tdtv.com.au

3 Likes

Nice to see SCA continuing their longstanding tradition of not giving a f***. As useful as their noodle updates.

5 Likes

Weird, I get that too when I click the link but if I type in the address I get this… unchanged from day 1 I think!

1 Like

With “Sydney lockdown likely to be extended” a possible headline on tomorrow night’s news bulletins, there’s probably a 0% chance of major metro newsreaders doing a shout-out to their regional viewers watching on a new station?

2 Likes

Now that we are hours away from the swap of affiliates I would like to say a few final remarks from my perspective. While this is a giant step in the correct direction towards national metro branding. The actual viewer in regional areas is still in the back of the heads of all these corporate media heads. I feel like we will never get a fair regional network for viewers, and as a regional viewer, I’m still displeased with the networks.

This is my final say on this topic.

3 Likes

Imparja GEM is still HD on VAST.

3 Likes

I’d ask what the context of a “fair regional network” is, as there are a number of benefits with this change. But you said this will be your final say so I guess I’ll never know.

11 Likes

Local news bulletins, but Joe fails to understand the metro networks don’t care, and regional networks have to follow their lead or otherwise fold.

5 Likes

Well, maybe I’ll never understand, I’m only 14. But one thing I do know, whether the networks care or not, we deserve better.

1 Like

I just want 9gem and 7mate in HD but i guess its a cost thing.

3 Likes

That’s one of the downsides of not carrying both primary and secondary HD channels. So much sport is seen on 7mate and 9Gem, especially in AFL states where NRL is always on 9Gem. So switching to primary HD in SA and WA tomorrow will be a bit of a disadvantage for fans.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. We know for a fact WIN has access to both 7HD and 7mate HD. I would say the costs would be small to just output both of them. Same carriage, same equipment, if anything maybe a small upgrade at MediaHub but surely they’re not switching channels in SD. They’d be downconverting them before broadcast.

5 Likes

So are all the deals completed? Or will there be markets left without programming come midnight?

3 Likes

Haven’t heard a single thing about WDT. Still no info on the WIN website. A case of wait and see.

7 Likes

Cheers, out of interest - what’s their website?

2 Likes

I don’t think they even have one

2 Likes

They don’t have any web presence at all. A phone listing and an email, that’s about it.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, wdttv.com.au redirects to WIN’s websiite

3 Likes

Which still mentions zilch about the changes. Too late now.

Edit: Sorry @Leo_Puglisi6, I meant the WIN website in my earlier post.

5 Likes