Regional Affiliation Swap 2021

Gee I need a lie down, getting the solus and JVs mixed up. Yeah in general I meant are those other markets are in similar positions to WA.

Mildura and WA are deep into the red. 10 would need to squeeze every last cent out of them and take the wine and spirits from the boardroom and the leather lounges in the foyer to get a deal across the line.

Any affiliation agreement is free money for Ten, so naturally they’ll be determined to ensure that continues.

From today’s Illawarra Mercury article

In a notable change for WIN, its main channel will be called “Nine” and carry the famous “nine dots” logo. Previously, WIN preferred to rebadge the Nine or Ten logos with its own “WIN” branding.

16 Likes

maby nine had it in the agreement that win carrys nine Branding

2 Likes

They most certainly would have. Should see no coverups at all on WIN. Pure Nine during programming and promos, with WIN brand showing up for news, sponsored commercials and CSAs and (maybe) billboards.

13 Likes

I wonder if there’ll be some sort of “9 on WIN” branding at times. A throwback to the short lived “7 on PRIME” from the early 2000s:

6 Likes

As noted above the closest would probably be something like happened in 2016 but with a :::9 watermark.

14 Likes

during master chef we had mappy then after the commercial we got win in the circle lol

2 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

13 Likes

after today 2 more days of mappy lol

1 Like

umm they got the old Ten Logo lol an d tv week still got channel no for 10 bold and 10 peach wrong lol in todays tv week

2 Likes

Something tells me the people responsible for producing the ACM (Illawarra Mercury/Canberra Times) article detailing the changes haven’t been big watchers of free to air television for a number of years. There’s even a reference to “National Nine News” in the report.

ACM, a 20% shareholder in Prime and publisher of the mastheads this report appears in, also acknowledges the speculation surrounding a possible deal between Seven and SCA in a couple of years.

9 Likes

That graphic looks so familiar. Have they just recycled the 2016 one?

7 Likes

Well you learn something new every day

1 Like

*Sky News Regional and 9Life switch over from August 1.

No, they don’t. 9Life disappears from July 1 then reappears from August 1 when Sky News moves to SCA/10.

2 Likes

Yep. That was my first thought too. Looks very similar!

2 Likes

on ET still no mappy lol wonder if they retired mappy or will we see mappy before july 1 lol

1 Like

The MasterChef image is definitely new - with the current judges.

204183727_148550507340800_315329244493560506_n
first time i saw this on a update telling win news new time slot from july 1

2 Likes

But that and the channel names might be it…

Easier for them to change the names and the channel numbers around and recycle last time’s report.