Random TV History

Did he ever take you to the studios when he was appearing on shows? Would have been very exciting for a kid, or was it just seen as boring dad work and you didn’t want to go? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh no I went - cause I was always fascinated with the media.
I went to every episode of the reboot of League Teams he co-hosted with Sandy Roberts and Bob Davis.
And I’d turn up to episodes of SportsWorld Footy Panel, and most of the Ch7 and Fox Footy games he called on television.

6 Likes

Very lucky my friend, very lucky!

3 Likes

My head just exploded! Wow.

I think you are doing great work in digitising like Zampakid and several others. I was just thinking the other day the one good thing these days is the access to older content to rewatch on YouTube unlike say 20+ years ago where you didn’t have that unless you recorded it yourself.

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. Just trying to make all the stuff that hasn’t been accessible, as accessible as possible

6 Likes

With the closing of the Harbourside Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Darling Harbour got me recalling an OB of Steve Vizard’s Tonight Live show there I watched as a kid. I honestly can’t recall when it was. I do remember Steve Vizard didn’t host it but. It was possibly a newsreader called Darren who was on 7 during the late 80’s/ early 90’s.

The show took place in the atrium but that’s about all I recall.

Does anyone else recall this show and have more details?

This is random.
Managed to find a Tattslotto draw malfunction broadcast live on TV.
Have uploaded

12 Likes

There’s quite a few of these to be found out there, you’re lucky to have got one on tape.

The one I remember is when the Oz Lotto machine wouldn’t stop drawing numbers, late 90s / early 2000s.

2 Likes

I remember one draw here in NSW where the female presenter called out the final number incorrectly… can’t remember who or exactly when, but I think they were taken off air because of it…

2 Likes

I remember the machine malfunctioning halfway through during one of the drawings and they switched to the backup machine. Seemed pretty seamless, but I remember the government officials being quite animated during proceedings.

3 Likes

Sam Newman and Lou Richards used to have a footy tipping segment on Ch 9 News.

4 Likes

Not sure where to put this one but the Channel Islands Surfboards logo looks a little too familiar to me.

3 Likes

That’s the NQTV/QSTV logo!

2 Likes

The complete 2 and half min commercial for Nintendo 64 starring Tim Ferguson in 1997

3 Likes

Was looking for a photo of my cat today and discovered this on an old hard drive. Did a dirty upscale and uploaded to YouTube in correct aspect ratio complete with ads.

3 Likes

The hexagons actually remind me of the former Channel TV (Channel Islands) logo.

5 Likes

Yes it is ,I remember it well

2 Likes

September Heroes competition during 7 Nightly News and Family Ties.

1 Like

Ch10 introduction to Australia TV premiere of Close Encounters.
Bruce Mansfield voice over

4 Likes

I assume this 60 Minutes promo is from just after the 1982 Logies based on the Ernest Borgnine clip and them praising themselves as the best. I quite like the electronic ident after it too - pretty cool

6 Likes