Random TV History

WIN also produced Good Sports which was a children’s show also shown on Nine stations not owned by WIN. It was a good show well produced and was on for years as well. I think it was produced out of Wollongong but dont quote me on that.

2 Likes

I remember seeing the show in the NSW TV Guides during the 90s so was probably also shown in Victoria.

1 Like

wasn’t Good Sports made in Tasmania as a spin-off/re-brand of the former KTV?

1 Like

Alive and Cooking was by far their most successful in-house production. It started as a replacement for Fresh Cooking with Australian Women’s Weekly during their spat with Nine, but ended up being picked up by Nine and enjoying over a decade in a daytime slot on Nine and all affiliates.

Fishing Australia is also a pretty successful production with runs on pay TV and I think Nine as well.

2 Likes

It was certainly originally made in Tasmania, before WIN took over Tas TV (those original series didn’t have much of a creator credit but did have a “for more info, send a letter to [our Hobart address]” tag right at the end).

I seem to recall WIN doing more of the segments in places like regional Victoria towards the end, but I don’t know whether they actually moved the actual compilation of the show from Hobart to Ballarat.

2 Likes

Goodsports was always produced by TasTV / WIN Hobart. The occasional segment was produced outside of Tasmania but was still fully produced at TVT6.

3 Likes

Did 7 have more than one logo during the ‘Revolution’ days?

1 Like

That was the logo from 1969 to 1975.

3 Likes

Posted this on my non-footy YT channel.
Found extract from Coast-To-Coast of Graham Kennedy with his own ‘media watch’ type segment on the Murdoch media

7 Likes

Bonkers 60mintes promo from the past.
“Paul Keating on Trial, for murdering the Australian economy”

1 Like

Peter Luck’s Bicentennial Minutes, that were broadcast through 1988

2 Likes

I only learned a few years ago that the Bicentennial Minutes was, of course, similar to an American series Bicentennial Minute (not plural) that ran in 1976 for that country’s bicentennial. The American version, which aired on CBS, took more the form of an “on this day” format.

YouTube: sinrob1

2 Likes

Have found an August 1977 doco “Big Bad Mal” about football Mal Brown. His son gave me the tape
Narrated by Peter Waltham, the end credit is “a TVW7 Presentation”

4 Likes

Found a promo for ABC tv show ATTITUDE, with an episode on a young Bill Shorten

4 Likes

Can I just ask Rhett, do you just record all TV? How do you come across so much good stuff?

2 Likes

Always been a news buff, and we always seemed to be early adopters of beta / vhs machine / etc etc.
And have been lucky to have some good contacts

3 Likes

Completely forgot FRONTLINE did fake promos until I came across this on a tape last night

5 Likes

Found “The Diet Dilemma” hosted by Derryn Hinch and thought I’d upload it.

2 Likes

Another former 10 breakfast show: Good Morning Dehli!

3 Likes

A promo for Don Lane Show August 1983.
(my father was guest).
I haven’t seen any of this episode unfortunately - rumour is that Patti Newton has every episode on tape/film

5 Likes