Random TV History

WIN also produced Good Sports which was a children’s show also shown on Nine stations not owned by WIN. It was a good show well produced and was on for years as well. I think it was produced out of Wollongong but dont quote me on that.

2 Likes

I remember seeing the show in the NSW TV Guides during the 90s so was probably also shown in Victoria.

1 Like

wasn’t Good Sports made in Tasmania as a spin-off/re-brand of the former KTV?

1 Like

Alive and Cooking was by far their most successful in-house production. It started as a replacement for Fresh Cooking with Australian Women’s Weekly during their spat with Nine, but ended up being picked up by Nine and enjoying over a decade in a daytime slot on Nine and all affiliates.

Fishing Australia is also a pretty successful production with runs on pay TV and I think Nine as well.

2 Likes

It was certainly originally made in Tasmania, before WIN took over Tas TV (those original series didn’t have much of a creator credit but did have a “for more info, send a letter to [our Hobart address]” tag right at the end).

I seem to recall WIN doing more of the segments in places like regional Victoria towards the end, but I don’t know whether they actually moved the actual compilation of the show from Hobart to Ballarat.

2 Likes

Goodsports was always produced by TasTV / WIN Hobart. The occasional segment was produced outside of Tasmania but was still fully produced at TVT6.

3 Likes

Did 7 have more than one logo during the ‘Revolution’ days?

1 Like

That was the logo from 1969 to 1975.

3 Likes

Posted this on my non-footy YT channel.
Found extract from Coast-To-Coast of Graham Kennedy with his own ‘media watch’ type segment on the Murdoch media

7 Likes

Bonkers 60mintes promo from the past.
“Paul Keating on Trial, for murdering the Australian economy”