Random TV History

A future that didn’t end up quite so rosy for them, getting the low rating 10 affiliation for the most part, losing their brand and local news.

5 Likes

They must have blown the budget on the logo design, hence no music bed for the ID. Lol

3 Likes

Well, you can’t blame them for wanting to have high hopes in the early 1980s. If the aggregation model hadn’t gone ahead and CTC were given supplementary licences, it would have turned out differently. Very differently.

Yes and no. Had aggregation not occurred, I can still see all the regional licences (and supplementarys) being bought up by a few big companies and ended up in much the same way they are now, with metro branding (which 7 and 9 were pushing for with affiliates anyway) and local news bulletins centralised in hubs.

Similar to what we saw in regional radio, to a degree, particularly with SCA.

1 Like

When CTC-7 was sold to Northern Holdings (who owned 10 at the time) in 1987, a move to 10 was not viable due to CTC already having relay stations on said frequency.

1 Like

Anyone know much about Night Shift on Ten (1988)?

2 Likes

An overnight music program I think it ran Friday and maybe Saturdays late night on Ten.

2 Likes

Almost! :wink: It ran seven nights a week during 1987-88. Not sure about 1989 I think it might have gone by then. It was hosted by David White (from Triple M, Sydney). From memory I think it used to go from 1 to 5am?

4 Likes

Who is this Friday presenter of The 7.30 Report?

This tape has ACA, Hinch at Seven and The 7.30 Report all from Friday June 17, 1988.

1 Like

Trish Goddard. She was also a Play School presenter and went on to host a daytime talk show in the UK.

6 Likes

No way

1 Like

Night Shift was axed just before the “10 TV Australia” era.

3 Likes

From Sunday April 11, 1993, Started with Madonna’s Erotica.

5 Likes

0/28 News update from 31/12/1982:

7 Likes

ABC News Years Eve 1982 midnight countdown:

And station close:

9 Likes
6 Likes

ABC’s New Year’s Eve fireworks a lot more modest than these days :wink:

3 Likes

The music almost drowning out the announcer.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought! Were the announcers live back then?

2 Likes

ABC loses their feed from Perth during the swimming world championships in 1991:

5 Likes