Random TV History

Animal noises.

4 Likes

No need when I’m the one making them

4 Likes

Good thing they weren’t showing ‘Perfect Match’, ‘Blind Date’ or ‘Studs’ then.

Maybe with ‘The Love Boat’ (assuming TEN aired it back then?).

2 Likes

Can you remember if this was before or after Nine started televising the AFL?

1 Like

It was 2002 - almost every game home and away was at 3pm

3 Likes

SBS is showing the CNN doco series History of the Sitcom. May be of interest.

SBS (main channel) - Programs and Schedules - #1137 by TV.Cynic

Starts Wednesday 31 May 7:30 PM

3 Likes

It could be from 1970 as 0-10’s slogan at the time was ‘Make Love, Not Revolution’.

1 Like

Don’t know where to post this but anyway: I know these are a bit of a throwback… :joy:

I wonder how many people were actually watching this? Surely reruns would have been better than Peel Thunder v West Perth?

Why was Today on 9Go!? Was there some event on?

1 Like

The initial post goes back to 2018, and brings this up:

IIR, they were doing that temporarily to make up local content quota requirements.

3 Likes

My understanding was that was from Imparja Go. Imparja needed to reach the local content quota at the time (them and 11 other affiliates failed due to 9Life not being launched) so they added it so they could reach the local content quota.

2 Likes

this seems pretty random, having your wedding televised live to relatives in Greece as a “gift” from the Overseas Telecommunications Commission (as the bride and groom met while filming a TV commercial for OTC). If you wanted to do the same, it would cost $3500 for the first 10 minutes, then $70 a minute after that… in 1973 dollars.

2 Likes

but colour was free

The service can also be beamed in colour at no extra cost.

4 Likes

this was TV Times’ article of the wedding including a snapshot from the OTC commercial.

1 Like

The documentary about Number 96 “Outrageous" won “Best Feature Film” at LGBTQ+ Toronto Film Festival, 2023

About Outrageous

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsvBzFuSxYl/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

3 Likes

First episode of Midnight Zoo:

3 Likes

There’s a blast from the past: ringtone song purchases!

6 Likes

From memory Ch7 Midnight Zoo was the last to launch and the first to go. Nines overnight show seems to last awhile.

3 Likes

Well Nine had two shows. Quizmania and then the crap The Mint.

4 Likes

So was Quizmania axed to make way for The Mint?

All these shows came off the back of Big Brothers late night show… then Hot Dogs up-late show.

3 Likes

That brief period when the commercial networks dabbled in late-night call-in game shows. From what I’ve read online, a lot of them had technical problems.

3 Likes