Random Thread

I’m staying in Lightning Ridge for a couple of nights and I’m currently flicking through the channels…

• 7 Central South is taking the news from Melbourne and showing ads from Alice Springs, Mt Isa, Cairns, Katherine, and one from South Australia (but I didn’t get the exact location). Seems like a pretty huge broadcast area.

• Imparja taking 9 news from Sydney, saw the classic IMP watermark during Millionaire Hot Seat.

• 10 was also taking the news from Melbourne, I think?

• In an absolute first for anywhere I’ve ever stayed in the country, this room doesn’t get ABC. I don’t think I’m going to bother trying to rescan, but would Lightning Ridge get the NSW or Queensland feed?

I’m going to venture out further than my actual cabin tomorrow :joy: I got here too late to properly have a look around. The town was heaving though, I think there are a lot of intrastate travellers at the moment.

6 Likes

My hometown, great place.

Definitely check out the Artesian Baths. Perfect in the late afternoon.

2 Likes

ABC should be there, it’s the only station on VHF (Channel 11).
If you can access the manual scan options on your TV, you might be able to scan it back in.
I imagine it will be NSW ABC.

Enjoy your stay, I’d be interested to go there one day and have a look.

2 Likes

thankfully I have already been devouring some Mint Slice today - so I’m sorted! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! It’s on my to do list but I wasn’t sure what time of day to check them out.

Thanks for that - the bowling club had ABC News on one TV so it’s definitely available here, just not on my set.

3 Likes
3 Likes

That goldfish is saying “not so dumb now!”.

2 Likes

Maybe Queen Victoria should never have seperated the other eastern colonies out from NSW, then we wouldn’t be having all these bitter state vs state fights and we would all be Australians.

1 Like

Nothing would change, it would be city vs city fights instead.

Wouldn’t be happening if the feds didn’t show outright contempt to states that aren’t New South Wales as they are at the moment.

3 Likes

So I went digging into my wardrobe last night and I found my old laptop and a spare USB with all my neighbours (tv show) HD screen caps from 2008 ! Wowsers! Surprised it still works. Also found my old neighbours fan art . Not sure I will post them here for y’all to see :grinning:

2 Likes

You have to imagine the song :musical_note:

9 Likes

Chumbawumba.

Those with long memories may recall that the NRL had a version of that song (rewritten to include all the teams) in their ad campaign for the 1998 season.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issues, Ideas, Suggestions

Lockdown is leaving me with little to do, so I’ve decided to get back into blogging. :wink:

1 Like

The poo jogger craze that started in Australia has gone international.

I wonder if The Cheap Seats will give this story a run next week for shits and giggles.

1 Like

A 7NEWS video popped up on my Recommended feed about the latest COVID-19 news and I decided to check it out.

Looking at the comments section was a mistake

6 Likes

Any Matthew’s out there?

Here’s some of the more famous Matthew’s! :wink:

1 Like

Nah it’s definitely Ken

4 Likes

Isn’t Kendall the female equivalent to Ken?

Though it’s not a commonly used first name amongst females.

1 Like