Random Thread

Finally completed the tax return (says someone that usually does it in Sept/Oct). Surprised with a (estimated) decent credit for the first time ever, after the levies and surcharges.

Has there been an increase in the taxation offset for 2020/21?

Also find the ATO’s idea of someone with a six-figure income as “low income” (i.e. the offset) odd.

2 Likes

And completed the Census tonight, anything else that needs done? Maybe window cleaning lol.

2 Likes

You can complete it early if you know you’re going to be home on census night.

6 Likes

Impressive narrative/filming for such an obviously low-budget ad!

6 Likes

I came across this today, if you’ve heard of the highly popular channel Rate My Takeaway…

So today Danny is in Manchester but things didn’t go as planned…

I still havent received my letter. But i know theyve been sent out to others in my suburb.

But what if Jedi is your religion?

Then put that down you must.

Sorry, wrong character. Haven’t seen the movies, I guess that’s a wookie mistake.

1 Like

If you don’t receive it I wouldn’t worry too much, you can request it online or just wait a few weeks and it’s likely a Census Officer will visit with a form.

3 Likes

You can request a Census number (which is in the posted letter) at 2021 Census underneath “how do I get a census number”. You can then do the census online, otherwise to get a paper form posted to you, call 1800 130 250 and follow the prompts.

3 Likes

Footage of me talking to my friends who don’t follow Media/Branding News:

15 Likes

You need to find new friends who show more interest. Like this lady

yaay

1 Like

I think we can all see why she’s his friend :wink:

Feel free to move to another thread, but keen to hear what everyone’s doing to pass time in lockdown? Binge watching? Movies? Books? Sleeping?

2 Likes

Working, and yes watching TV shows and reading a novel.

1 Like

TV watching, music/radio listening and Internetting.

1 Like

This week on ‘seconds from disaster’…Google Street View cameras waltz through a pack of cruise ship passengers disembarking from their plague ship in the middle of March 2020.

According to the docking records, Carnival Splendor docked on 17 March around 8pm (and presumably the GSV is of the crowds of people leaving the next morning).

The Ruby Princess arrived at 3am on 19 March.

9 Likes

Something different to coronavirus. 3AW reporting in their news bulletin that two cases of legionnaires disease have been detected in Melbourne’s south-east.

2 Likes

This has also been discussed recently in the “Tech Talk” thread too.

1 Like

Totally agree re elderly people.

2 Likes