Random Thread

I hope Nine News Qld doesn’t see that!

3 Likes

Ahh so Melbourne trip all organised . Staying in Flinders lane . Practically close to everything. Will most likely take it easy when I arrive on Boxing Day afternoon.

4 Likes

Further information on my Armidale trip, I am having an excellent time with my uncle Rod in his home tonight. Yesterday and today, I drove past the studio belonging to the 2AD and FM100.3 radio stations in the city, owned by the Super Radio Network.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas MediaSpy! And for those who don’t celebrate, a safe and happy holiday season to you.

1 Like

And a reminder this is a Christian nation, so please RESPECT OUR CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS. If you don’t celebrate it, keep it quiet and leave the rest of us to!!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to you too!

1 Like

I have arrived to my home in Canberra from Armidale today. My mum took all day to drive her, me, and my grandmother.

2 Likes

Has anyone purchased travel luggage from July?

I’m due for an update and the reviews seems favourable.

1 Like

I’ve increased the volunteer shifts I work at the RSPCA this month,so hopefully I’m not required to show evidence to Workforce Australia/Centrelink that I’ve looked for work
If I’m still am required to submit my report showing evidence of my job search I’m going to ask why,I’ll say I’ll do the 30 hours per fortnight from now on .Its a waste of my time and recruiters who have to look at all these applications,from people who are not suitable,or no longer young and fit,can lift 20 kgs,etc.
The whole system is a joke ,anyone who’s done manual work all their working lives, blue collar unskilled workers like I was, and tradies, can’t be expected to work until they’re 67 to qualify for aged pension :-1:

4 Likes

I’ve even spotted my former workplace advertising on SEEK ,but I don’t think I could go back there now👎I’m not that desperate

2 Likes

Melbourne trip going well . Just spent an hour or so at St Kilda beach . Waiting for tram 16 as it takes me directly to my apartment on swanston street. Got a cheesecake ready to dig in and eat :stuck_out_tongue:

Melbourne - better than Perth !

3 Likes

Isn’t the CBD of Melbourne much bigger. When I lived in Perth I swear i could walk through the CBD in Perth in about 15mins or less. It’s a city but felt like a sprawled out country town.

1 Like

I haven’t, but I am also thinking about this! I’ve had an American Tourister which has lasted me well but it’s showing a little wear and tear internally.

1 Like

To me, Perth CBD was only a few blocks wide from north to south, but quite long from west to east.

2 Likes

Yes but Melbourne is a city, Perth is a town.

Just how the locals like the dirty eastern staters to think it is :wink:

Give me Perth over any other Australian city any day. The small town feel is what makes Perth special.

4 Likes

I’m seeing others post on social media about them and their luggage looks great. I’m all for an Australian brand.

1 Like

Great post and pictures!

Cheers

2 Likes

As another year comes to a close I realise I still have something to be thankful for,that I have a roof over my head.
All levels of government are to blame for not adding more social and public housing stock over time to keep up with increasing demand.
People on low incomes can’t afford to rent by themselves anymore ,they now need to move into shared housing,even the middle aged,shared housing used to be for young people only.
I’ve never lived in shared housing during my lifetime,only with my parents,or on my own.
I wouldn’t be able to live in shared housing ,need my own space.

7 Likes
4 Likes