Random Thread

I’ve even spotted my former workplace advertising on SEEK ,but I don’t think I could go back there now👎I’m not that desperate

2 Likes

Melbourne trip going well . Just spent an hour or so at St Kilda beach . Waiting for tram 16 as it takes me directly to my apartment on swanston street. Got a cheesecake ready to dig in and eat :stuck_out_tongue:

Melbourne - better than Perth !

3 Likes

Isn’t the CBD of Melbourne much bigger. When I lived in Perth I swear i could walk through the CBD in Perth in about 15mins or less. It’s a city but felt like a sprawled out country town.

1 Like

I haven’t, but I am also thinking about this! I’ve had an American Tourister which has lasted me well but it’s showing a little wear and tear internally.

1 Like

To me, Perth CBD was only a few blocks wide from north to south, but quite long from west to east.

2 Likes

Yes but Melbourne is a city, Perth is a town.

Just how the locals like the dirty eastern staters to think it is :wink:

Give me Perth over any other Australian city any day. The small town feel is what makes Perth special.

4 Likes

I’m seeing others post on social media about them and their luggage looks great. I’m all for an Australian brand.

1 Like

Great post and pictures!

Cheers

2 Likes

As another year comes to a close I realise I still have something to be thankful for,that I have a roof over my head.
All levels of government are to blame for not adding more social and public housing stock over time to keep up with increasing demand.
People on low incomes can’t afford to rent by themselves anymore ,they now need to move into shared housing,even the middle aged,shared housing used to be for young people only.
I’ve never lived in shared housing during my lifetime,only with my parents,or on my own.
I wouldn’t be able to live in shared housing ,need my own space.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Hi all. I will officially leaving mediaspy. I have found i am getting addicted and it isnt good. So its bye from me

5 Likes

Hey Jason, good luck mate!

2 Likes

Aww. It’s always sad to see a member leave, I hope everything is okay and works out for you:) Good luck.

3 Likes

I had a chat to my employment consultant today,she’s updated my Job Plan ,my mutual obligations are now doing my 30 hours volunteer work per fortnight at the RSPCA,attending any job interviews they organise for me and visiting her every fortnight.No more applying for unsuitable jobs,I’m happy with that :+1:

7 Likes

My younger sister is an example of someone who’s recently…had to move into shared housing in her 50s ,she’s fortunate that she has the self contained studio unit downstairs in a 4 bedroom townhouse she shares with 2 other women in their 40s.

3 Likes

So my Melbourne trip is over. It was a great trip I do plan on moving down here next year though . It was interesting to learn about how the public transport system have cut out cash tickets down here while Perth still lives by that system as well as Smart Rider.

Highlights of the trip - tram rides
not being hit by a tram (although I saw melbournians loving to step in front of them or run across as they are moving towars them)
Fed Square
Geelong foreshore and train ride!
St Kilda pier and Ackland street :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

It’s 10 years since I last visited Melbourne and I enjoyed riding on the trams also🚋

2 Likes

I’ve lived in Melbourne almost 5 years now and not once been on a tram :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s vey unMelbournian of you! A bit like never been to an Aussie Rules game.

3 Likes