Random Radio

Jason Morrison has left 7NEWS.

I know it’s highly unlikely, but given recent changes with 3AW Afternoons, I wonder if something similar will happen at 2GB and that we’ll see Jason make a return to radio?

3 Likes

Thanks Mr Burns for your assistance with this, much appreciated. Contacting 2tripleO in Sydney both via phone and email has been impossible, like trying to access a bank vault, completely dead.

Currently communicating with 2RPH who at present are not ruling anything in or out, but at least there is a dialog, which is much more to what I can say about that other mob.

4 Likes

I once visited the station to request a Program Schedule as the website Program Schedule wasn’t accurate. I think only the Filipino announcer on air was in attendance & I was informed that no printed Program Schedule was available & to visit the station website. Well that short conversation got me nowhere nor did the further attempts at procuring an accurate program schedule. It seems that the Filipino program presenter Eric presents a large chunk of the station’s 7 day block of programming.
I’m not surprised @anonymousbroadcaster at your experience.
Radio 2OOO is mainly a multicultural broadcaster.
That said, any additional variety to the station’s indicated programming schedule blocks of China Radio International’s propaganda (and it’s reduction via Radio 2OOO) is something that would be a blessing to our ears & democratic principles.

4 Likes

I would surmise that part of the community radio code of conduct would be that stations would have to be contactable in one form or another, but then I’m not sure if 2OOO falls into the community broadcasting regime, I’m thinking more HPON orientated, but either way this has been very, very unprofessional.

This is regardless of being outside of my own enquiry, what if I was from a Dutch, or German community that wanted to present material, the fact that they don’t have a readily available point of contact is rather incompetent on their behalf.

5 Likes

2OOO does have a community radio licence, the same as 2SER etc, if that’s what you are asking

2 Likes

A strong image of Hit 95.7 Bunbury has appeared on 98.1 FM the last few days. Getting stronger by the day, now with RDS tonight. Hearing it in the car, on my SDR at home and on my portable.

5 Likes

Perhaps a fault report to the station’s local tech might be required…

3 Likes

ABC classic is mixing in on 98.1 this morning as well. Seams to be worse on wet and windy days. Ill keep an eye on it.

2 Likes

I used to see spurs from NEW FM Newcastle (105.3) on both 104.9 and 105.7 that would travel almost as far as 105.3 itself.

I wonder if what you are seeing might cause issues down towards Nannup where Local Radio uses 98.1.

2 Likes

Yes agreed… considering 98.1 is the factory default frequency for most exciters and transmitters

you could ring their techs… if SCA havent fired them all yet

go forward to 14:33

2 Likes

But if ABC 93.3 is mixing, they may need to look at it too.

2 Likes

In the RSPCA laundry room today I was able to listen to 4BH,someone had brought in their old mini hi fi system ,its set up on a shelf👍

5 Likes

Gone now.

I think it first appeared around the same time 90.1 Newsradio was turned off. I also see there is planned maintenance (on the ABC reception website) at Bunbury for the rest of the month. Reduced power at the moment. Looks like the technos are on to it.

‘Trust me’, said the engineer. :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m watching Now 80s on Fetch and they are playing ‘Less heard hits from 80s A-listers’.

The songs they are showing I’ve never head before , from Diana Ross, A-Ha, Fairground Attraction.

This is something that should be done more of an Aussie commercial radio : play more of the less heard hits from all decades, not only on the DAB stations but also the analogue ones.

I love putting the radio on and hearing a song that I’ve never heard before but sounds good.

10 Likes

Totally agree, too often its the same songs from the same artists… apparently the average listener likes that (according to radio station focus groups anyway).

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t believe the focus groups, it’s a crock of s*%# IMO.

Nova and Smooth when they first launched had the philosophy of playing less heard of songs from a-listers and even artists that were not played often, as well as your mainstream songs that are popular, but now it’s very different as there’s not much that sounds different these days.

UK and NZ radio also had this philosophy back in the 90s and 2000s before consolidation. Ultimately it comes down to market concentration and competition.

8 Likes

I agree. I think focus groups are a complete waste of time. IMO this is what is going to kill traditional radio in the end - the woeful, repetitive and safe playlists. People can get more original ane better music content elsewhere. Some DAB stations are ok, I occasionally hear a wow track or something I haven’t heard for years on MMM Classic Rock or MMM 80s but apart from that all the others are so repetitive and predictable. I spend 90% of my time on Breeze, Rebel or community radio these days. Of these, Breeze continues to wow me on a daily basis. I’ll also stream BBC R2 but Breeze is my go to. If it didn’t exist I’d possibly forget radio Australian radio altogether - which is sad. I’ve also recently found YouTube music and like it more than Spotify.

9 Likes

90.1 here in Sydney, currently mostly dead air with the occasional blip of sound. Seems like the link is borked?

2 Likes

Must have been a short lived fault. All okay now with Greek music.
Ooops…almost got it right. Macedonian program.

3 Likes

Careful now. Hell hath no fury like a misidentified Slav.

4 Likes