Random Radio

And in the next episode an even frequency on FM:

5 Likes

Does anyone know why Sydney’s Hope FM has an even frequency? It’s on 103.2FM.

1 Like

I think it was originally allocated 103.3 but it was causing interference to a TV channel

4 Likes

Yes, can’t remember if it was ATN7 or TCN9. Harmonic interference.

3 Likes

I think it was Seven. Plus I think it must have just been a local issue around the 103.3 transmitter.

Becasue there wasn’t ever a problem in Brisbane with BTQ7 with 4MBS originally on 103.3 (before the band restack). But because both were transmitted from similar locations on Mt Coot-tha with no residences nearby.

5 Likes

TCN I assume, the frequency of the station was around 200 MHz, half that is 100 MHz in the FM Band so it’s probably TCN.

3 Likes

You would think they should move it back to 103.3 now that Analog TV is long gone

2 Likes

Still RAM FM at Goulburn on 103.3 that is only 200 km away that could be an issue.

3 Likes

It could work. TEN10 and CTC10 co-channeled there. Fringe areas may get interference but the town shouldn’t be affected. But given it has been on 103.2 for so long and that’s what everyone know it as, it won’t change.

1 Like

Maybe, TV antennas are more directional though which would minimise interference.

1 Like

I’ve just been looking at one of my old high school magazines,scary to realise that was 44 years ago .,yes I’m that old :confused:There was a full page ad in it for 4TO ,now known as Triple M of course.
Bring back the old heritage call signs please

6 Likes

I started working as a volunteer at my local Vinnies store today. They had 4BH on as everyone there today was over 60.I was one of the youngest :blush:

7 Likes

4BH doing well looking at todays survey one results.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Is 102.9 2ST getting even weaker?

2 Likes

I’m 2 weeks away from my 60th birthday myself ,definitely in the target listening audience for 4BH.

4 Likes

Back when 4KQ were still around, I guess that’s the station the staff in this Vinnies store were listening to :confused:

2 Likes

I had my RadioApp updated on my Android phone overnight. Now I need an email account and a password to use the app. Previously, you only needed to download the app, choose your favourite stations, and start listening straight away.

Also, I haven’t been able to listen to Fox and Triple M through RadioApp for the past 12 months. If SCA wants people to listen to their stations through LiSTNR, why doesn’t it just withdraw from RadioApp?

6 Likes

I have noticed that too, but it has been much better over the last couple of days.
The NW winds were absolutely killing the reception and it was very weak even on the car radio.

I reckon the new owners must have turned down the power on the transmitter, maybe they were abit over specs?

2 Likes

Not sure what is happening with yours, but I’ve streamed The Fox and 3MMM just fine this morning through Radioapp. I suggest emailing the app team and getting them to check.

2 Likes