Random Radio

TXA Sydney SW relays at Razorback Range are now back on air again.
Must have come back up with C91.3.

Mt Prudhoe still down, no WS fm or 2MCR.

3 Likes

Yes, site mains are still out but BAI are there & fixed the fault on the generator & started it, site currently running on backup power.

4 Likes

Braidwood FM is lucky to have a UPS and diesel generator on site. Mt Gillamatong is very prone to lightning strikes being somewhat of a ā€˜peak aloneā€™ in the area. There are a lot more storm days down here than in Sydney as well.

On a related note, Iā€™ve been on air (with @Mechsta ) when lightning hit very close to the Alive 90.5 studio. That took us off air briefly and gave us quite a jolt. There have also been a few raging storms whilst Iā€™ve been on air at Braidwood.

4 Likes

You have the same car radio as me, must be a Hyundai, I only wish they gave an option for RDS.

4 Likes

Yes good old Tucson car radio,. Yes wish it had RDS and dab+ but it is great for dxing, best by a long shot of the cars I previously owned.

5 Likes

The power is still out at Razorback. 2MCR and 88.3 WS fm are still off air. I am assuming C91.3 and tv from the C91.3 site are still running on backup power. This from Endeavour Energy

Type: Unplanned outage

Suburb: RAZORBACK

Reason: STORM ACTIVITY

Street affected: OLD RAZORBACK RD

Affected Customers: 36

Start time: 6:08:00pm 2/18/2023

End time: 2:00:00pm 2/19/2023

Street affected: RAZORBACK RD

Affected Customers: 1

Start time: 6:08:00pm 2/18/2023

End time: 2:00:00pm 2/19/2023

I wonder if lightning hit one of the substations up there ?. WS fm and 2MCR could be off air for most of the day.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re back on air now. Maybe restored between 8 & 9am - ish?

2 Likes

Power is now back on at Razorback, 2MCR and 88.3 WS fm now back on air.

2 Likes

Just beat me to the post!!!

3 Likes

Didnā€™t know where to put this (mods move if thereā€™s a better place for this) but our friend The Radio Vault will no longer be uploading new Australian radio airchecks. Pity someone had to spoil it for the rest of us.

4 Likes

Well someone had to ruin it for the rest of us didnt theyā€¦ ughā€¦ this happens all over YouTube

5 Likes

Not to mention the effort of even tracking down the Audio recordings used for the airchecks and then ripping them from those tapes onto a computer. It literally takes hours and hours of hard work and dedication to that hobby. Same with people who rip video tapes. When that is stolen, it kinda feels like those hours of hard work had gone to waste.

5 Likes

Given the other content of the channel in question is fairly extensive amounts of as far as I know unique content thatā€™s not uploaded elsewhere, I donā€™t think you can lay the same claims of just being a rip off channel that some other situations are - especially if the YouTube channel is the user on here I think they are?

There certainly doesnā€™t appear to be wholescale reuploads of content from elsewhere. I think someoneā€™s in their right to request someone take the video down, but itā€™s a bit of a dummy spit reaction based on the evidence I can see on the channel - but you do you.

3 Likes

Can only see one video in question, a compilation of AU and NZ jingles, that could possibly have content lifted from TRV. Regardless, pretty bizarre to spit the dummy over a single video that went up six days ago, but to each their own.

2 Likes

Just to put this whole thing to bed once and for all. I have deleted the video. I did credit The Radio Vault on the video along with the other sources that I knew about. But what I am more pissed about is they claim they contacted me to resolve it. No they didnā€™t.

I should also point out in the very early days of The Radio Vault existing that I did voice overs for them out of the goodness of my own heart and didnā€™t ask for any payment. Needless to say I am quite disappointed it has come to this and I wonā€™t be doing any more such content again. It seems even giving the original content creators credit isnā€™t good enough for people.

12 Likes

Well if thatā€™s all it was then sureā€¦ I agree. But something seems to have gotten his goat up.

5 Likes

This sort of crap is why Iā€™ve taken a step back from social media.

6 Likes

The other thing is regarding the uploading of this sort of material is that in the overwhelming majority of cases, the uploaded content isnā€™t the IP owner. Not me, not The Radio Vault. The organisation that owns the IP on the uploaded material does. The media organisations can at any time hire a top silk to send out ā€œcease and desistā€ letters to the uploaders and demand that they take the content down.

Iā€™ve uploaded video content before from many TV stations and a lot of those videos were ā€œstolenā€ from my channel and re-uploaded on another channel. I didnā€™t care if they did that because it is not my content. Iā€™m just someone who wants to help keep our broadcast history alive and if others want to, then great.

5 Likes

I feel like I have to apologize a bit for blowing it out of proportions. I never meant any harm to you, especially since it was The Radio Vault in the wrong after all.

1 Like

All good.

1 Like