Random Radio

I don’t think summer has quite the same connotations these days as it used to… nowadays it often gets too hot/humid, and often gets bad storms or bushfires. I don’t think people look forward to it as much anymore.

3 Likes

so i used the Vision carplay app yesterday and today and honestly, its pretty good. it has the 2 live streams (Vision and Vision 180) as well as podcasts. it does what it needs to do

3 Likes

A tonne of stations would always switch from “____ Hit Music Station” to “Summer’s Hit Music Station”.

3 Likes

WSFM have a great sounding summer positioner. The background music is up-tempo, contemporary and makes you feel as if you are on holiday.

97.3 FM back in the day also had good summer positioners using the Dance track ‘Embrace the Sunshine’ as it’s background music.

2 Likes

Has anyone got the full list for MTV Classic’s Top 1000 Greatest Songs of All Time of 2021?

Jen Seyderhelm presents breakfast with Paul Holmes on 2CA Canberra, which has a Classic Hits format.

5 Likes

Interesting insights. I wholeheartedly agree with the observation that many younger listeners love classic hits from well before their time. My god-daughter’s favourite song is “Scenes from an Italian Restaurant” by Billy Joel. And she knows the words to every ABBA song. She is 20 years old. Her high school put on a production of the Queen musical - which was fantastic.

4 Likes

Didn’t realise that KTM got the band back together…
Is Marty disappointed in his one man show? Or is it more Nova is desperate to rekindle the halcyon days?

(Either that or Melb’s lockdowns have created confusion as to what year it actually is!)

4 Likes

They should have the presenters line up with their names on that billboard.

It looks like a bloke called Kate and a girl called Tim. Only Marty’s is aligned.

1 Like

The whole “rose between two thorns” thing is still alive and well in radio. Ugh.

2 Likes

As Nova is far from sounding different. Had Nova retained a focus on being the point of difference in each market, it could distinguish itself from such tired dynamics.

Nova’s now supposed target market is over it too yet Paul and the other execs request such research to suit their own ideas. Not the way to do business.

2 Likes

The importance of a good antenna of two.

8 Likes

Radio Today work experience kids at it again.

3 Likes

That’s a Facebook issue with grabbing images for articles, I believe.

6 Likes

Calling all Croweaters:

Is the 5DN (Cruise1323) repeater in the Barossa Valley active? It’s meant to be on 94.7. I’ve never heard it via E-skip.

Another one I have never logged is 95.5 Flow FM Kangaroo Island; I suspect this isn’t on air as 90.7 5KIX was commonly received in Sydney.

1 Like

5DN 94.7 Angaston wasn’t on air when I was in the Barossa in 2019.

And I didn’t get Flow 95.5 when down at Victor Harbour, which I thought I would have received.

3 Likes

Thanks; I have still not made it to SA.

2 Likes

Call/email the local council, they operate it. Sadly never on air when I’ve been there.

More than 5DN licensed for Angaston.

1 Like

This program will be heard on online radio station, Central Coast Radio, starting from this Sunday (30th January). It will air at 2-4pm AEDT Sundays.

4 Likes

Thats a-lot of gifs…