Random Radio

Calling all Croweaters:

Is the 5DN (Cruise1323) repeater in the Barossa Valley active? It’s meant to be on 94.7. I’ve never heard it via E-skip.

Another one I have never logged is 95.5 Flow FM Kangaroo Island; I suspect this isn’t on air as 90.7 5KIX was commonly received in Sydney.

1 Like

5DN 94.7 Angaston wasn’t on air when I was in the Barossa in 2019.

And I didn’t get Flow 95.5 when down at Victor Harbour, which I thought I would have received.

3 Likes

Thanks; I have still not made it to SA.

2 Likes

Call/email the local council, they operate it. Sadly never on air when I’ve been there.

More than 5DN licensed for Angaston.

1 Like

This program will be heard on online radio station, Central Coast Radio, starting from this Sunday (30th January). It will air at 2-4pm AEDT Sundays.

4 Likes

Thats a-lot of gifs…

Guess what day it is?

The day when radio pretends to care about Australian music, by playing it during the day instead of in the middle of the night :rofl:

10 Likes

4KQ play plenty of it during the day. And today it’s 100% all day. Fantastic playlist too.

6 Likes

Loverboy by Billy Ocean (seems like an extended version) on FUN superdigi. I am sure Fun is similar to the old 2ue repeating the same tracks after a certain time. Have not tuned into FUN for a while.

3 Likes

Only station in NSW doing that as far as I know are either community radio stations or 2GN/XLFM

3 Likes

Was on a bus today with K-Rock playing, they had an Australia Day sweeper followed by a Taylor Swift song, made no sense.

3 Likes

Apart from being disqualified from Triple Js Hottest 100 when it used to be on Australia Day, that’s about as relevant to it as she ever got.

1 Like

Bill’s FM network out of NEW FM were running Aust music four plays after news. A six pack would’ve been Australian too.

3 Likes

Too late!

8 Likes

(From the RDS thread)

I noticed there’s a station called Blackstar near Cairns.

… So Cairns radio has both Star and Blackstar?

If so, wow.

3 Likes

Just curious how well does XL FM 96.1 make it to the coast?

You can get it on a fair bit of the Far South Coast (Ulladulla and south); around Narooma is the best, makes sense as it is due east of Cooma. Around Tathra also has reception and down towards Merimbula, the Bombala translators are often heard.

Narooma had an LPON on 97.7 when WIN3 was still in operation; that would have got smashed by Snow FM.

2 Likes

Yes, when I was down the South Coast in May last year, Narooma was the best spot for me for XL and SNOW.

2 Likes

Thanks, the reason why I ask is my old folk are traveling down from Canberra to Merimbula (I am jealous) and they were asking what are the frequency of the stations as they forgot the CDs. 2CA and XL FM where the two stations, I suggested but haven’t been down there since 96
1 was switched on. (Didn’t listen to snow fm). Interesting apparently at Browns Mountain itwas 13 degrees C then on the coast was 23 degrees. Quite a big jump. Love that part of the world.

2 Likes

The Survey 1 period for metro markets must have started this week (or next) as the last couple of nights as I’ve seen WSFM and Nova ads on Sydney primetime.

2 Likes