Random Mocks

Thankyou both and you are right, black text is wayy too hard to read ontop of blue.

I made another attempt.

12 Likes

That is NICE!

1 Like

nice, but it looks like 7.

2 Likes

Much prefer the black 10 news first logo, not sure what coloured super and text would work best but agree the blue and red look very 7/9.

Would love to see light grey/charcoal colours incorporated if possible.

5 Likes

Something I was meaning to do earlier - an updated backdrop/OTS/super for Prime7 Local News to match the Opener(s) posted here back in May:

MOCKPrime7LocalNewsOTSBGSuper

Thanks to @NewsAustralia & @SydneyOnAirTV for posting the core elements I used (and recoloured to match their current branding) for this mock/re-edit.

And yes, I know the “Generic Regional Issues” piece is the same one I ran with in the WIN mock.

While I’m at it, here’s one for Sports telecasts:

Rather bulky I know, but Prime7’s logo isn’t really the most screen-friendly thing around even without that somewhat odd red bar!

Probably the next mock I’ll do is some form of “Celebrating 10 Years” Promo for Peter Overton on Nine News Sydney, then I might get back to coming up with decent ideas for other elements of the WIN Local News mock.

11 Likes

Graphically basic I know but for a promo like this, it’s the footage/voiceover/music which should really grab your attention:

Obviously the “…with the team Sydney trusts” bit would include a team wideshot with all (or at least most) locally based reporters/presenters and some other TCN newsroom staff standing alongside the Harbour in a similar style to the shots featured in the “Who’s Who of News” Promos of the 1990s/2000s but I don’t have the resources to do that sort of thing. :slight_smile:

I’d probably also try and include Hendo saying “I respect Pete. A lot” from the promos which ran earlier this year - such a powerful quote!

Wasn’t sure which version of the endtag I liked most, so I’m going to let Media Spy decide! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Currently, 7’s test cricket coverage don’t have an easy way to distinguish between a replay and live footage (except for the stings at the start and end of the replay). Here’s a simple solution. Still gives you useful information during a replay like the score, but at least tells you it’s a replay.

A small sponsor spot possibly?

6 Likes

I guess we will be seeing this a lot in 2019!

24 Likes

Not really happy with “Nightly News 7 Tasmania”. I think they can do better…

12 Likes

While a merger between the ABC and the SBS is a hot topic, it’s also a fun concept to play around with.

TV CHANNELS:
(considering they now have two multiplexes to work with)

ABC
LCN 2, 21, MPEG4 HD simulcast on 20.
Fundamentally the same wide appeal broadcasting, includes flagship and other English language SBS shows. Sport from SBS like football and cycling will be broadcast here.

ABC KIDS / ABC2
LCN 22
ABC KIDS programming is unchanged. Runs from 5am to 7pm.
ABC2 is a working title since I’m not overly creative when it comes to these things. If you have a better suggestion for a channel name tell me. ABC2 will be shifted from a comedy channel to a channel with more of a general appeal to 16-40 year olds, a similar market to triple j radio. Could be branded closely with triple j.

Incorporates English language programming from SBS VICELAND. The channel extends open hours to 24 hours. 5am to 7pm: ABC KIDS. 7pm to 5am: ABC2.

ABC ME
LCN 23
Unchanged, although I would like to see a name that outlines the target audience better. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

ABC NEWS 24
LCN 24
Name returns to News 24 to differentiate itself from News Radio (the fact that ABC NewsRadio got “shortened” to ABC NEWS on radio seemed a bit ludicrous to me) Takes more of a focus on world news than before, although not too much, that responsibility mainly goes to ABC WORLD NEWS 24.

Stacked variant

On air look

ABC WORLD
LCN 3, MPEG4 HD Simulcast on 25.
The new SBS channel. Heavy focus on LOTE programs or programs relating to world events. More popular news programs from overseas associations stay here, the rest move to ABC NEWS WORLD on channel 26. Sport broadcasts are televised here when ABC is being used, unless it’s after 7pm, in which case ABC2 will take those broadcasts. If anyone has suggestions for a better logo, that would be great. I would like to maintain the look of SBS through the mercator logo, while still making sure ABC branding is there.
ABC%20World%20logo

ABC WORLD NEWS 24
LCN 26 (MPEG4 HD ONLY)
Similar to the SBS World News Channel if you remember that. Broadcasts news from SBS’s Worldwatch programming. Will broadcast less popular bulletins to ensure the popular bulletins stay accessible as this channel is MPEG4 HD only.

ABC Life
LCN 27 (MPEG4 HD ONLY)
A brand new HD channel dedicated to lifestyle programing. Contains content from SBS Food, ABC lifestyle programs and also content from the ABC Life website.

ABC Indigenous
LCN 28
NITV under a new name. Programming aimed at Indigenous Australians.

RADIO

ANALOGUE
ABC Local Radio
Existing ABC network of local radio stations.

ABC RN
Unchanged, apart from a slightly modified logo.
RN

ABC NEWS RADIO
Renamed station back to News Radio to differentiate it from News 24.

In that dot format that ABC Radio seems to love

ABC WORLD Radio 1
ABC WORLD Radio 2

SBS Radio 1 and 2. Uses the orange branding used on SBS Radio today. LOTE and world programming. Includes programming from existing ABC radio stations with a view on the world.

triple j
Existing network of youth radio stations. Targeting a similar market to ABC2.

ABC Classic
Name change from ABC Classic FM to simply ABC Classic as all the local stations are losing their frequency numbers anyway.

DIGITAL

ABC GRANDSTAND
The now universal brand across TV, radio and online for ABC Sport coverage. The digital radio station gets a rebrand.

ABC JAZZ
Rebranded to have the new typeface and the 2D logo.

ABC COUNTRY
Rebranded to have the new typeface and the 2D logo.

triple j unearthed
Unchanged

Double J
Unchanged

ABC KIDS listen
Unchanged

ABC WORLD Radio 3
ABC WORLD Radio 4
SBS Radio 3 and Arabic24 under the ABC brand. Arabic24 goes back to Radio 4, but still broadcasts mostly Arabic content, the name change just gives it flexibility for other things

ABC POPASIA
ABC POPDESI
ABC CHILL MUSIC
SBS Music radio stations under the ABC brand.

And that’s it. Took an opportunity to make some changes to existing ABC brands too.

19 Likes

It’s to my understanding that ABC Classic will actually get a new logo (was issued with the ABC press release detailing the changes on October 24) and drop the “FM” from the station name on January 21:

But aside from that, not a bad job with the modified logos. RN should actually use a tweaked logo like that IMO! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That really is cool. I like it.

1 Like

What a well thought out and executed mock.
Brilliant job!

1 Like

Great mocks!

1 Like

A variation on the 10 Bold logo. I would love if they used this, would make much more of an impact. Perhaps a thicker font would also look good.

8 Likes

i like that, could also do it with Peach too .

1 Like

How exactly? There is no O in Peach.

6 Likes

Just rename it to 10pooch and become Australia’s first channel for dogs

13 Likes

you mean second??

2 Likes

Just for clarification I think they should be the text in the 10 logo circle as well, saves space and not have it blasted on the right hand side.
So 10 and Peach underneath in the circle.
:stuck_out_tongue: of the screen. It would be consistant across teh board.

2 Likes