Random Mocks

Thought i’d try a different type of VO on the 10 News First intro

13 Likes

Me too! But I thought I’d speed it up a bit. e.g “Sydney, this is 10 News First, with Sandra Sully”.

11 Likes

Wow that sounds great! I prefer this to what they currently use!

2 Likes

Do they have the same woman doing the VO? Melbourne and Brisbane sound much more natural than Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. Not just because the orders have been edited, the way she says “sYdNeY” especially sounds like old Siri.

1 Like

yes.

yay

Although I’m still nowhere near as good as @SydneyOnAirTV in this department, here’s a refreshed WIN Local News idea:

Somewhat Prime7-esque with the brand and a “Generic Regional Issues” story on Interrelate airing during the Illawarra edition of WIN Local News, I know! :slight_smile:

Still trying to think of good ideas for the Opener, Headlines & Full Screen Transitions.

14 Likes

Inspired yet again, this time by use of the regional studio for the Melbourne bulletin. Proves that the CGI “set” is completely unnecessary and a realistic-angled local skyline is all that’s needed (Bendigo from Rosalind Park Tower for this example). Presenter would ideally be sitting centre frame too.

Apologies for halo around Jo. Thanks to @Abesty for the original cap.

Plus a very crude attempt at replicating NBN’s on-screen OTS.

12 Likes

Perfect! That’s exactly what I think we should be seeing on the regional bulletins.
Ideally, it would be good if they could either:
A) Have a variety of pictures from the location that progressively get darker that they can use as the bulletin goes on, and at different times of year.

B) Have the ability to show a proper live backdrop.

C) Have a pre-recorded video loop that also can be adjusted based on the level of darkness needed (as 7 News does in Regional QLD).

I feel that the OTS is definitely something that is absolutely needed too.

7 Likes

Woah! Baby steps, let’s not overwhelm them! Pitch the small things they can do for free first! :joy:

4 Likes

quickly made this. First two would be for online/tv promos. the last one would be in bulletin

5 Likes

I’m not a fan of the backdrop, but if you’re mocking anything for broadcast or even socials then 16:9 is probably preferred rather than the old 4:3 which makes it look incredibly old.

6 Likes

to be honest, i kinda made it in keynote then just screenshot it in fullscreen! lol. :joy: i should have also mentioned i was just thinking the backdrop to be used for election coverage, possibly still some work to be done on it.

1 Like

Anyone else hoping that when Ten decided on their new branding they ordered some Christmas elements?

The Santa hat seems a bit over done so something different for the watermark perhaps. Here are a few random thoughts, I hope Ten does a better job.

37 Likes

Great job!

10 have used a Santa hat on the new logo for The Living Room Christmas special promo :smirk:

1 Like

Yes, the hat is very iconic.

1 Like

Or just have the 10 logo as a bauble…?

I’ve been playing around with the on-air graphics for Ten News First. I modified the colours to give it a warmer feel. Let me know what you think? I have the animation file as well, here’s a screenshot.

15 Likes

That’s great! I’d probably ditch the red and replace it with a light grey though.
Also the text on the second super line should be white. Black is too hard to read.

6 Likes

I’d probably make that black text (on the blue/name portion of the super) white, but other than that I like it! :slight_smile: