Random Mocks

Pretty bad when you compare it with the rest of the mocks produced here; one’s of great artistic skill. Remember, I don’t take a lot of time (I did this in a few hours today) and that I only use Powerpoint.

I think it is so dumb to have a dedicated flip for weather, when it could be put elsewhere.

3 Likes

Would love to see Nine make a bit more of an effort with the regional bulletins and create a few new angles like this to allow for some story-specific graphics. Would probably require a full-width green screen behind the desk (and probably new desks without reflective glass tops) and a second camera but those are small investments to make to transform the feel of the bulletins and stand out from the stale competition.

(just a quick mock so forgive me for the fact that the (virtual) set isn’t all perfect and shiny!!)

19 Likes

I like the idea that one of our member’s suggested when the regional bulletins were announced. Pre-record the opener, the local segments and the cross to sport/weather during the afternoon from the metro’s set (it would mean the local Afternoon News would get the green screen treatment) and then at 6, all the live segments would be done like they are currently, from the green screen.

Currently ‘pumping out’ some programming on what what looks to be a test in house video stream here and by the looks of it, i’m now a Seven Affiliate with some ITV programming!

Any yes, that’s not the Seven ‘CC’ logo from 2006 but guess what font I managed to get a hold of!

2 Likes

i like their current one. they just need to update it to have the new logo, so maybe a big win news logo behind the desk, instead of the blue clouds

2 Likes

i have been to nine news in melbourne, the regional studio is like the narrowest room you could imagine, the total width of the desk is almost the same as the room. They could do this in the main studio, since it wouldn’t be used when the local news is filmed, but that would mean they would have to do the whole news prerecorded instead of live national stories, and pre recorded localised stories. I just want them to put the national story images in that tv screen type thing, or get rid of that, and just change the whole background to the story image, and if there was someone who was bothered to do it, they could also make a image for the local stories. (apologies if this doesn’t make sense, i wrote it at 11:50pm!!!)

here is the studio where regional news is filmed (melbourne, at least)

13 Likes

Some 7news ideas…I did these in 10min so nothing special. Let me know your thoughts :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Not sure about the font used, but I like the rest! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you! The font is used by CityRail display graphics :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thought I’d give it a try

5 Likes

Not a fan of the big logo box but the supers themselves are nice.

Font reminds me of ABC One.

2 Likes

Do you have an idea for a new titlecard for Seven News? Would be great to see if ditching the blue for black would make it look better.

Great job on the other mocks btw.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I’ll see what I can do :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Bit too American, especially the colour gradients and the font. But that’s my taste. Different font and a bit more 2D imo.

Still, very good.

1 Like

Looks brilliant, as always :slight_smile:

Can I ask, how do you do those flares (as above the 7 news logo)?

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I use Video Copilot Optical Flares in After Effects: VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals

1 Like

Ten Halloween PRG… Orange text

22 Likes

Is this too American? :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

it took me 5 minutes to realise there were graphics on this pic.

11 Likes

A little, but I’m generally a stuck up spoiled shit when it comes to graphics.