Random Mocks

Another minor WIN News mock, this time for the NNSW/GC updates.

6 Likes

Just a quick mucky mock; if SKY wanted Prime’s (NZ) logo to conform with the Sky brand…

And yes, some of this was done in MSPaint - feel free to heckle at any time!

5 Likes

Just doing some more experimentation in After Effects. Another WIN PRG mock

14 Likes

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

The best of both worlds, we get the circle logo, plus a transparent mappy. If only Bruce’s ego would deflate.

7 Likes

that is great, i wish win does this

I think this bloke would have something to say about that (wouldn’t be positive trust me). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
IMG_1009

3 Likes

why? all win has to do is fade out the logos to the see through grey colour, not sure why they don’t

One Bruce Gordon is why. The old dinosaur would never want anything remotely elegant (be it watermarks, logos or just general on-air presentation) present on his TV “network”. The uglier the better is how Bruce wants it all done.

4 Likes

With thanks to @Zampakid for originally editing/uploading this funny :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::

17 Likes

So does anyone actually like that Bruce likes it this way? It is rather weird, it will be nice when he retires and someone else with a bit of sense and modernism comes in and makes the logo a lot more sleek

1 Like

He never will…

Just realised that three of my news stories from my first Good Morning Australia mock in August 2016 came true (Masters was a given though)

17 Likes

No, not until he… you know. :wink:

2 Likes

I like it but its just too much orange.

2 Likes

well, what about when he passes away?

1 Like

yeah, i agree especially when it’s for chanel 10, when their theme colour is blue

Sure, that should spell the end of the childish behaviour he forces upon his viewers. Of course, assuming he doesn’t have a ‘Mini Me’ waiting out back. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I think Win News should update their chroma key ‘set’ so it is a little more like Ten’s:

Courtesy: Abesty. TV.Cynic and Nicolas for the caps.

24 Likes

Using the former set of studio 3 at TCN9:

Here is how I would incorporate a weather centre at Nine:

A videowall would replace the green screen seen in the clip and it would use the current side panels. Like Seven News Sydney, Magdalena would start off away from the videowall, as seen in cap 2, then move back towards the videowall for the majority of the segment whilst a full-screen graphic is showing.

The plasma on the left is a touch screen (previously used on Today) and on the right is just those preview/production monitors that are found in all studios.

TBH, it was rather rushed and objects like laptops and stands/stools could be added to make it look better. It was inspired by Sunrise’s old weather centre.

Thoughts?

15 Likes

Not too bad.

I also like your idea of incorporating the time/weather next to the flipper. Perhaps Nine should actually do something like that for their daytime bulletins! :slight_smile:

7 Likes