Random Mocks

Damn!!! Why isn’t that the Seven News graphics already?

1 Like

because stubborn tv execs

Because it’s essentially NBC 4 New York’s graphics:

5 Likes

Weather Graphic airing during program…

13 Likes

First you post tits, and now you come for the homosexuals.

14 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Coming to 10 in 2018, Sunday Edition.

This would be a replacement for The Sunday Project, with Lisa Wilkinson presenting feature stories, editorials and live interviews (possibly with some audience interaction like SN’s first season). Each week would wrap up with a live musical performance.

I know, I’m dreaming!! But I do think something in this direction could work very well on Sundays. Hard hitting journalism doesn’t have to be as serious as Seven and Nine (and the ABC) make it. Mix in a few laughs, a bit of entertainment and I think something along these lines (maybe with a less extravagant set!!) could be a winner. Fun to think about anyway.

17 Likes

looks more modern than current

1 Like

I still prefer the MEX background,

BAD PHOTOSHOP SKILLS AHEAD

8 Likes

it doesn’t look half bad. but I actually think there is too much going on on the left side. the globe with the rings is fine, but then they should just have that red ring, get rid of the rest of the other blue stripe things, and just have the newsroom image.

1 Like

BBC influenced title card for 7NEWS 2018 :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Yes please

7 Likes

this is great, a lot more up to date with other news channels than the current one

1 Like

For what its worth…

26 Likes

Great mocks as per usual @SydneyOnAirTV. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m still amazed to this day that certain members over all the years I’ve been a member on this forum more often than not do a far better job at creating the various graphic elements in mocks for the TV networks to adopt than the supposed pros who actually earn a living to do it in the first place! Quite strange indeed.

9 Likes

I’d imagine that programming the broadcast software to generate these graphics live on the fly is a lot more complex and difficult than just editing a static image in Photoshop, and that’s why you’ll see these fantastic mocks on here, but terrible looking graphics put on air by the pros.

8 Likes

Yes, this is true. I’ve made many on-air graphics packages at work, and producing a design in Photoshop is nothing like actually implementing it in the CG software, especially with all the different transitions that happen between the different elements and trying not to cause conflicts between them, which result in odd glitches. With older versions of the software we use (Ross Video XPression, which is a competitor to VizRT), there were a lot of things we couldn’t do and I had to dumb down my designs to make it work. Thankfully I don’t have to do that so much these days. But yes, it’s not as easy as some think.

7 Likes

If Stranger Things was on Seven…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::ghost:

26 Likes

Now THAT is quality :clap::clap:

3 Likes

Wrong seven logo for the time that stranger things is set though.

1 Like