Random Mocks

Fantastic @SA_TV!!!

Always amazes me that people on Ms can do better work that the stations and networks themselves

1 Like

A WIN News mock based on NewsHub (with color):
HEADLINES:

OPENER:

PRESENTER:

CROSS:

NAME & TITLE (and yes I know it’s Hugh):

2 Likes

Why is there a large ugly green box in the bottom right corner?

1 Like

Ole mate’s trying to put a realistic spin on WIN. We (kinda) want those humourous cover ups back!

2 Likes

WIN News Morning Edition Title Card:

23 Likes

In an ideal world, it wouldn’t be there. I just used pictures with the TEN News solid watermark for the examples

2 Likes

Southern Cross Local News graphics: done in PowerPoint to show how easy it is to produce half decent graphics lol Open to feedback etc.

16 Likes

100 times better than the messy automated menu board thing they’ve got now!

5 Likes

Just an idea…

26 Likes

Love.

Can I also just say how impressed I am with the mocking thread in genera atm. Back on the old forums it was nigh dead, barely anyone made mocks. Great to see more people contributing.

13 Likes

Bloody brilliant!

2 Likes

Send the PowerPoint file to SCA and they can start using it straight away :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Dare I say it, your Powerpoint-produced graphics look more professional than the actual ones SCA use on TV right now!

7 Likes

So simple, clean & polished.

Why can’t we see this on our TV’s? :weary:

3 Likes

More from WIN NewsHub

CROSS SPLIT:

QUOTE:

PHONE:

SPORT NEXT:

WEATHER AND TICKER:

3 Likes

Great Job SOA TV! :smile:

1 Like

Sorry mate but these just don’t work for 2016. The logo, textures, colours, fonts, and proportions are just wrong.

8 Likes

Great effort. I think though you need to use the current WIN circle logo. I can’t see them adopting the ten font now after launch.

@SydneyOnAirTV That “Win News Morning Edition” title card is really great buddy! Just fantastic - it looks like a real morning show. Fantastic stuff - you are so, so talented, seriously!

My only suggestion would be the title of the show. I think it should sound like a show name, like “First Edition” or “News Breakfast” or “The Morning Show” - granted - not revolutionary titles - but they sound like show names that resonate with people, “Oh, did you catch that interview on News Breakfast”

“Win News Morning Edition” isn’t really something that rolls off the tongue - I think in order to compete with Today and Sunrise you need a title that sounds like a show “Win Morning News” or “Win Wake Up” or the like.

But great stuff! Can we see a ticker, weather bar, transitions and supers in this look - it’s just great!

1 Like

@SA_TV That WIN News Canberra open is fantastic - amazing! That’s EXACTY what they need to do. The Ten News music sound great = and all those city open shots make it feel like a big market newscast. Well done, it’s really fantastic! Your stuff along with @SydneyOnAirTV is just outstanding