Random Mocks

Thank you for that…. It’s like we have our own AI chatbot that we didn’t ask for

1 Like

Wouldn’t that make them almost 9 years old?

1 Like

Yep. 9 years old.

1 Like

6 Likes

He’s never gonna live that down is he?

2 Likes

Noticed that in the US, while CBS and NBC O&Os have a standard look, ABC is all over the place, so have tried to come up with something that is sorta inspired by WNT…

14 Likes

I like the standard look but the local logos would have to be similar or changed to help bring the look together. Also the red text is quite hard to read

4 Likes

Didn’t realise a regional Aussie network had American O&Os

1 Like

Yeah, I see that now, maybe when I saved them it lost resolution. Guess it’d have to be on a darker background to match WNT.

And I do wonder if others will copy CBS and move towards network branding and have the local callsigns and numbers become less prominent.

1 Like

You know what, I did a CBS News to ABC a while ago! :joy:

(Sorry for the mobile/dark mode users in advance!)
The outlined ABC symbol made more sense to me when they announced the updated branding, so I went with it here. The colour schemes are based on what the stations/shows have been using currently, while the all lowercase typesetting was based on WOTV’s 2022 rebrand.

One exception: ABC News Live’s colour scheme was based on their old logo from the 1970s to the 90s (aka the peak days with Peter Jennings).

6 Likes

Added a bit of colour and gradient to try and get it closer to WNT.

4 Likes

And what about if those stations also took on the GMA or ATM branding for their morning bulletins…

10 Likes

Must have deep pockets. :laughing:

3 Likes

ABC News Breakfast currently annoys me so much

12 Likes

I like it… but maybe a more generic City background. Something less Melbourne for our Sydney audiences :joy:

1 Like

Think this a lot with ABC News in general. Would love some colour! This looks really nice, especially that set.

4 Likes

Or simply “Breakfast” as with BBC’s Breakfast

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but…

We all know Suncorp Stadium was redeveloped between 2001-03 transforming what was once a medium-sized ground into the world-class masterpiece that it is today. But imagine if a retractable roof was installed on top of it as part of that redevelopment, as was the case when Docklands Stadium was built…

Similarly, imagine if the Western Sydney Stadium in Parramatta was built with a retractable roof…

Please excuse the poor graphical edits…

4 Likes

You asked, and I answer… a month and a half later! :joy: These are just something I whipped up in procrastinating on my assignments, so don’t expect too much…

The open. Removed the eyemark elements, but retained the circles. The talent tags look better here ^^ Background 5 based on this 5 News graphic.

Headline animation in between. Not too fond of the pale blue TBH.

Headline supers before TT Norms (which looks a bit Sky UK to me for some reason)…

… and after, using parts of the 5 numeral. I still think the old one looks better!

Handing over to our correspondent… The background is just the 5 and the blue gradient backdrop from the open, not exactly rocket science here. I think you’re right - the programme tag looks much better in Evening News style.

And overlayed on live footage, whose tag I did without as CBS doesn’t use that either?

Have at me.

7 Likes

Does it need to have the presenters’ names in the lower thirds? Couldn’t it just be “5 News”?

Very nice otherwise :+1:

1 Like