Random Mocks

Well, I’m just following the official accord here😂 I think it’s good to give some credit to the reporters on the road, just like how they typically do with those in the studio.

Oh but if you mean just leaving the 5 News tag on the left, I think that’s fine too - CBS News just changes the text to the headline afaik, but I think it can be animated out after a few seconds.

Sorry, should have been more specific, I wasn’t referring to the reporter strap, but this:

1 Like

surprised BBC UKTV hasn’t moved over to the Chameleon design language like BBC First has - but here’s a mock of this slide in Chameleon form

6 Likes

Will there be any mock designs for BBC Choice using the current BBC logo and font? In fact, BBC Choice ran in the UK from 1998 until 2003 when it was replaced by BBC Three.

6 Likes

playing around with a different look for The Latest

12 Likes

Pretty good! Not a big fan of the purple thought but that’s my opinion

7 Likes

And thats fair. I just wanted to try and move away from the traditional colour schemes.

2 Likes

1 News Tonight had a purple-ish colour scheme that looked quite nice.

7 Likes

I think it was more a comment about how the CBS Evening News, like most newscasts in the US and particularly the network ones, puts the name of the presenter in their titles as a permanent thing (so it’s, eg. officially the CBS Evening News with Norah O’Donnell, and that’s what CBS uses there, even when Norah’s off or on assignment) as networks there have done since the 50s and 60s -

…and whether they’d actually do that for something like 5 News as that tends to not be the style in the UK - the newsreader is not the type of “star” like they’d be in the US… although certainly someone like Channel 5 would be the type to challenge that, and of course you know all this already I’m sure :slight_smile:

Certainly it’d make sense in the titles for instance, but whether they would bother for reporter straps - but it’s still a mock and mocks are for showing hypotheticals, so, don’t let that be a criticism of a well-done set of mocks, in both styles :slight_smile:

It probably shows that the name-tagged show name bit could end up a little cluttered for a two-headed bulletin - that said, I can’t say I’m a fan of how CBS itself does their logo lock-up on their evening news IRL right now either.

2 Likes

Ah, I understand - I agree the name tags are quite clunky to be put on such a small space, especially with longer names :grimacing:

Something like this is probably easier on the eyes :joy:

Side note - I do like 5 News in the CBS Evening News colour scheme. Looks better than their current green!

6 Likes

By taking us back to 1990 where TVNZ 2 was known as Channel 2 at the time, here’s how the clean promo endcap graphic looks like.

4 Likes

Just another thing I’ve done in procrastination: Rough ideas on the forthcoming CNN new graphics, largely inspired by the rounded edges on VRT NWS in Belgium:

The lower thirds. I’ve thought about putting the programme tag on the other side, but decided against it to bring less clutter to the screen. Font in question: Helvetica Now Text Light/Regular/Medium, since I got a Pro Condensed version of the font when I threw the initial captures on What the Font. I know the time (and spelling!) are wrong, but you get the idea :rofl:

The PIP. It’s a bit rough on the edges, as the rounded corners are manually adjusted one by one on the platform. This also reflects the problem of using a light font on the headline - it just doesn’t say professional to the viewers.

It’s just a play on the original idea - so it’s done on a rush and certainly less polished, sorry!

Have at me.

6 Likes

love it. only but i would change is make the text inside the white box darker and bolder

2 Likes

I love this! Agree main super text needs to be bolder.

1 Like

tbh looks better than the official thing lol

3 Likes

According to @MichaelPower, BBC UKTV would be renamed to “BBC Choice”.

BBC Brit, BBC Earth and CBeebies would be retained, although the current BBC font and logo would be utilised and the CBeebies logo would be identical to the UK.

BBC Kids would be rebranded as CBBC.

BBC First’s current look would remain unaffected.

UKTVs change to Choice was not my intention - the Choice mock was unrelated, as you wanted to see the initial idents in the 2021 Chameleon style.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Your wishes are my commands (also fixed the typo! :laughing:):

13 Likes

I think the ticker text should be bolded so it’s a bit easier to read.

1 Like