Random Mocks

Both are great mocks - and really achievable too if the BBC wanted to make an effort. I get that money is tight, but at the same time, they’ve had a long time to produce a new visual identity for the News division. @WestKnight’s has also shown what evolution looks like as well if they wanted to keep a similar visual identity.

I still laugh that ABC News was able to relaunch EVERYTHING in one go back in 2017, but yet the BBC, a media organisation 10x the size of the ABC, does this lazy half done effort that started 12 months ago.

5 Likes
1 Like

What if 10 returned to late night news?

16 Likes

I thought 10 still had late news.

1 Like

It was axed in 2011, before returning in 2012, then being axed again in 2014 alongside Wake Up, and the early and morning news. Late night news bulletins are now for special occasions only

2 Likes

Late news is one of their bulletins which should’ve remained. Loved the Hamish McDonald era.

11 Likes

At one point, Ten also broadcast the Late News on weekends but these disappeared by the mid-noughties.

I also remember there was quite an uproar when the Late News and Sports Tonight were merged in 2006, however the Friday editions remained separate so that the latter show could recap the night’s sports results.

1 Like

I loved the look of the 2012 reboot, then they ruined it when they rebranded to eyewitness.

3 Likes

Didn’t they have a logo where they combined the 2012 look and eyewitness news? I saw this on logopedia. But I have no idea if it is real:

1 Like

Real. Was temporary though until the main Eyewitness News look was adapted for the late news.

3 Likes

And it looked much better then calling it Eyewitness Late News. Would make sense if the eyewitnesses they wanted to interview were late.

5 Likes

Okay, with these proposals in mind, how will it look like on video, though? :thinking: Wanna see what the unified BBC News should look like.

1 Like

Speaking of BBC

1 Like

With the recent axing of Ten 7 Aotearoa (formerly Police Ten 7), what if TVNZ brought back Crimewatch?

Unlike Ten 7, Crimewatch was a series of monthly specials which opened police files and invited us as New Zealanders to help fight crime via the toll-free phone hotline.

Here’s a customised Crimewatch logo in which I made.

2 Likes

TVNZ’s Seven sharp is currently stale. They need a refresh. People who can connect. People who make you laugh after a shit day at work

New Look. New Hosts

A sequel: Fantasizing what KYW/CBS News Philadelphia would look like…

Green on green, and extra green. The colour scheme is based on that in their promo stings, while the 3 was placed in a box like others, instead of randomly placing on top of the wordmark.

I like this better though!

And a return of Anklepants. One can imagine…

[UPDATE] Hey, turns out I’m not that far away on the white one! :grin: Don’t like the eyemark in the box though…

13 Likes

Ok so as this was brought up in another thread, I thought that I would muster the courage to make an attempt at going back to the future with the following. Basically I started with a screen grab that I had saved years ago that didn’t contain the word mark and then I just adjusted the colouring and painted the balls that make up Australia. I then added the word mark.

As you can tell I absolute love the orange and blue motif, and like I alluded to in another thread it would be awesome for it to make a comeback.

And similar for a city design:

Unfortunately I am not that creative in designing the globe from scratch. Because I probably would have made it more rounder at the bottom :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I’d extend the city name bar fully under the logo and the city name centred, or have it aligned under “NEWS” like the old logo.

Otherwise, looks really good so far!

2 Likes

Another 6 mock! This time it’s the 6 News AU with ITV News at Ten https://up.metropol247.co.uk/NothMountan29/trim_AF5D778F-5E40-47AB-8D0F-D33AE5BE1DA4.mov

5 Likes

Brilliant

3 Likes