Random Mocks

2036*

1 Like

2034 Winter Olympics.

3 Likes

Was cleaning out my computer and found these terrible mocks from a few years back:

If 10 had the cricket, these were my attempts at graphics (also coincidence with the timing as Australia are actually playing Pakistan right now.

And one for the 2020 Women’s T20 World Cup, India v Thailand

3 Likes

Here is a better attempt at this

5 Likes

3AW News intro using the 2005 National Nine News theme. The current one sounds odd on radio and not clear and crisp.
Compare the two

Mine:

Current (which IMO sounds horribly compressed and peaking on air):

13 Likes

Sounds good. Nine News needs a theme refresh either way - its incredibly dated now.

14 Likes

Yeah oddly enough, the latest iteration has aged a lot quicker than the past ones…

2 Likes

Looks heaps better. If only if WIN had put more effort in it. It’s not that hard. It doesn’t have to look like 9, but WIN could have made the background a lot whiter with the same graphics WIN has and keeping the logo WIN News blue.

A new design for 10 News First:

Edit: the last two are Tongue in cheek

Text is too small in places and does not take safe zones into account. Plus I do not like the Ten logo the previous one used since 1991 with slight alterations was fine they didn’t need to change it.

5 Likes

Yes, 100% agree with you, that logo was fine, and they ruined it, so plus everything about 10 News First just feels like 2010.

2 Likes

Waaaay too big

1 Like

Some idiot from America thought it was a good name. There is nothing wrong with Ten Eyewitness News or even just Ten News.

4 Likes

Not really a new design, just different font and some MS Paint looking supers.

7 Likes

The way channel 10 rebranded, just feels so fake, as if CBS did it in order to show Australians that they know what they like, but it came off as getting rid of something that was fine, and replacing it with a logo that feels fake, plus rebranding 11 and ONE into 10 Peach and 10 Boss/Bold, felt like taking away how 10 was different from 9 and 7.

2 Likes

What?

15 Likes

It was done to strengthen brand awareness of 10. Media nerds might automatically associate 11 and One with Channel 10 but you can’t guarantee that the average folk will.

By rebranding the multichannels, they turned 10 into the umbrella brand it always should’ve been. It was a smart business move; shame they didn’t to much more to capitalise on and strengthen the 10 brand beyond that…

8 Likes

Something a bit different, a fictional news mock from the 1990s.

9 Likes

You’re talking about your mock right?

3 Likes

the main problem with your mocks is that you use the default Microsoft fonts. in this mock as well, you need to be aware of safe areas as well. A lot of your graphics would be cut off broadcast on TV.

Your designs are too simplistic as well.

10 Likes