Random Mocks

If ABC Australia took up a similar look to ABC USA with the logo. also here is a modern news breakfast with a new colour scheme and new studio

9 Likes

What if New Zealand had yellow school buses? I have put the Waka Kotahi brand on it as we don’t have one bus company that services the whole country. If you look closer to the door it say “Serviced by Howick & Eastern” (local bus company)
Let me know what you think

Original
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 8.10.46 PM

Mock

4 Likes

No apostrophe in ‘schools’.

1 Like

Thanks, fixed it

1 Like

The worm logo will never be dropped. It’s an icon of the ABC in Australia

3 Likes

It’s a mock…

3 Likes

10 Likes

There are two what-if scenarios.

What if NZME launched a new ‘50s, 60s & 70s’ music brand so that it would broadcast on all of Newstalk ZB’s AM frequencies nationwide (e.g. 1080AM in Auckland, 1035AM in Wellington, 1098AM in Christchurch etc) and stream live on iHeartRadio, just like Gold AM? It would be known as “Vintage AM”.

Generic

Logo with slogan

Auckland frequency

And what if Newstalk ZB would transition from AM to FM and rebrand as “Newstalk Aotearoa” but the personalities would stay the same as they are now? In real life, Newstalk ZB broadcasts solely on AM in Northland, Rotorua, Tokoroa, Gisborne, Hawera, Whanganui, Wairarapa, Timaru, Oamaru, Dunedin and Southland.

Generic

Logo with slogan

Symbol

Auckland frequency

Talent
Original

Mock

If you have any comments, please let me know.

Photos courtesy of NZME/Newstalk ZB. No copyright infringement intended.

5 Likes

Would kinda like a nod to the GWN name with the new 7 News Regional WA bulletin change…

32 Likes

“West” is too small and too much like the company’s name Seven West. “Western Australia” is too long. “Golden West” is perfect. :raised_hands:

12 Likes

That would be really good & the name fits so well too

4 Likes

Wow. This is so good.

I could also see them doing a V/O like this: “Live across the Golden West Network, this is 7 News with Noel Brunning”.

3 Likes

Drop “network” and you’ve got your man!

2 Likes

“Our news is the best in the Golden West.”

4 Likes

Yeah, “Live from the Golden West” would be so much better. Unless TVW guys opts to use the Perth afternoon news format for Regional WA News. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I have a what-if scenario to share with you.

This week, Sky Network Television announced a proposed acqusition of MediaWorks which was ‘perplexed’ by analyst MorningStar, according to an article by Stuff.co.nz. The acquisition could cost Sky $150 million to $200m.

Sky also received a response from investors after it announced to the NZX that it was in talks to acquires MediaWorks, which owns about half of the country’s commercial radio networks (Mai, The Edge, George FM, More FM, The Breeze, The Rock, The Sound, Magic and Today FM) and has a large outdoor advertising business.

MediaWorks used to own its television division (Three, Bravo and Newshub) which was sold to US company Discovery (now Warner Bros. Discovery) for $20 million in 2020.

The question is, what if Sky had acquired MediaWorks and launched a multi-platform news service - Sky News (no relation to the British and Australian equivalents) - to compete with TVNZ, Newshub/Discovery, RNZ and NZME? The Breeze, The Rock, The Sound and Magic had their names kept but with Sky branding, and there were new names for Mai, The Edge, George FM, More FM and Today FM.

Here are the mock logos.

Sky Fresh (the new name for Mai)

Sky Trax (the new name for The Edge)

Sky Dance (the new name for George FM)

Sky Radio (the new name for More FM)

Sky Breeze (the new name for The Breeze)

Sky Rock (the new name for The Rock)

Sky Sound (the new name for The Sound)

Sky Magic (the new name for Magic)

Sky Talk (the new name for Today FM)

Sky News

If you have any comments, please let me know.

Sky logo courtesy of Sky Network Television. No copyright infringement intended.

9 Likes

25 Likes

22 Likes

14 Likes

I hadn’t seen Seven’s ident before a recent post of it in the Prime/GWN thread - I find the jingle a bit bland, here’s a quick mashup of the new with the old one, it almost works imo.

Credit to @Abesty for the 7 ident vid and The Sifon (who I thought had an account here, maybe renamed?) for the audio for the old 90s ident.

8 Likes