Random Mocks

What if PMFM stayed as 92.9’s brand name after the millennium, and went for a more traditional Today/Hit Network brand evolution?

21 Likes

Couldn’t get the “92.9 FM” bit looking how I wanted it to, but this should be a more authentic Today’s Austereo Network-style PMFM logo. Also as a bonus, Triple M 94.5:

MOCKAustereoPerthRetro

This is the one I’m surprised Austereo didn’t do here in Sydney for the Mid 2000s relaunch:

Might do a few more radio station “What if…?” logo mocks when I get the chance.

17 Likes

I like it! What if you went for an NBC today type ticker where it’s gray?

What I’d probably expect the logos of both stations to look like after the swap:

MOCK4BC&4BHFrequencySwap

Although I personally still hope Nine Radio will take this opportunity to finally introduce a new logo design for all their talk stations.

10 Likes

I don’t mind the current logos I don’t see a need to change them apart from 2GB who’s logo is from the Macquarie radio days and is completely different to any of the stations in the Nine Radio network. I would change 2GB’s logo to match the rest of the network. However personally I think 2GBs logo is much better than the others so I would like them to use a similar design for all the Nine radio stations.

5 Likes

2GB’s logo is pretty old, but the current logos for 3AW/4BC/6PR have been around a while now too.

That’s why I think it’d be a good idea to redo the whole lot.

3 Likes

I posted these a while back on that theme,

1 Like

Here are some of my ideas for new logos for Nine Radio

19 Likes

3aw?

5 Likes

13 Likes

I like the logos but Ben and Gareth look like they’re being pecked to death by a bird.

14 Likes

Agree with NewsWeary.

Idea is definitely there and I’m a fan of the logos, what about if you invert the bottom part of the speech bubble so it’s going the other way?

4 Likes

More like this, then?

8 Likes

Love the PMFM logo and the one you did earlier this year has Hit Network retained 92.9

Here’s a 3AW mock I created (albeit with a 2GB presenter).

3 Likes

Nice mock, but the font needs changing.

2 Likes

22 Likes

How long until this becomes an actual thing (alongside the already existent HD version of the main channel of course) in at least the major metropolitan markets?

If I’m being realistic, Ten wouldn’t just upgrade the playout of 10 BOLD for the sake of viewers in Remote Central & Eastern Australia. Even the online streaming viewership probably isn’t high enough to justify HD feeds of the multichannels.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking, too. Could be happening real soon.

3 Likes