Random Mocks

Some new graphics based on what we have seen so far for the new Today (Credit to @Zacgb for the Today graphic)

21 Likes

Yes yes yes.
AMAZING!

Looks fresh and clean. I wouldn’t a circle logo in a box though. I’d make the logo just the blue circle and incorporate it like one of Studio 10’s packages.

Something like this?

18 Likes

Love it. Only thing I’d add is the white flipper text needs to be moved up ever so slightly and perhaps condensed/moved to the right to align with the super text.

Maybe move “Today” a bit lower within the circle.

2 Likes

Two ideas for logos branding the Nine Radio talk stations:

22 Likes

Tweaking the Today desk
today desk

19 Likes

I cannot figure out why Today hasn’t switched its bottom left watermark to reflect the new lineup/show. It’s too reminiscent of last year’s flop.

5 Likes

I agree - it’s ridiculous, especially after all of Today’s social media accounts changed the logo!

This looks wonderful!

The bottom ones remind me too much of the old era AW logo.
I think the top design is a great refresh of the branding .

6 Likes

Even though it’s not owned by Nine (national sales are managed by Nine though), for curiosity’s sake could you make matching logos for 5AA?

1 Like

Guys, what do you think of my mock of the ‘Today Show’ logo?
(this is not the official logo, this is only what i think the full logo looks like)
Picture1
Picture2

14 Likes

A mock I did today:

I struggled to find the right colours for the lower thirds. I think the main super is a little dark but that is the sort of design I was thinking of to match the new logo. I liked @Travis colour scheme of blue, yellow, lime and white so I stuck with that. In the backdrop I made the sky contain more blue hues, with the idea that it goes from sunrise to a clear sky progressively throughout the morning. There is also an OTS plasma graphic behind Tracy for the news and lighting is lime green (I couldn’t decide whether to do that or a bright yellow).

24 Likes

So much better.

The graphics are reminiscent of early Studio 10 days, but I don’t mind them in this instance.

The lighter coloured floor looks so much warmer, and the bluer hue in the sky looks great - with the idea it progressively gets lighter throughout the show so you’d still get the darker look earlier in the program.

Nice job!

7 Likes

Looks good. Agree with the idea of an OTS for Tracy. And I like your idea for the background, even though personally I’d prefer a window like background. I do agree that Today needs a ticker/flipper of some sort. I wonder how that would look with a coloured background. Or give the weather box a lime green background maybe?

7 Likes

To me, it gives off a really cool beachy vibe. Love it!

1 Like

They desperately need to bring back a ticker. Only use it in major breaking news. Worked well in the 2014-16 graphics.

9 Likes

That graphics package was great.

6 Likes

2012-16 packages were my favourite. Honestly haven’t had decent packages since. They need to go back and get inspo from them.

4 Likes

I wished that Today Show had a ticker during 2012-16 package. That way viewers could look at other news that’s happening around Australia and the world.

1 Like