Random Mocks

I would prefer regional colour variations, like blue for Auckland, Red for CHCH, Yellow for Wellington, (Look at the regional rugby teams)

1 Like

It’s a nice thought, but the bus networks are operated/franchised out by each individual city/region with their own separate transport agencies. Why would all these different agencies want or decide to have a common identity? Not to mention that the NZ Transport Agency is a national agency that has no involvement in running local PT operations.

It would be like buses in every city and state/territory of Australia having the same livery with the logo of the federal Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications branded on the side.

Also makes it more difficult for each city to present their PT modes as a unified network within their city.

3 Likes

NZTA funds pretty much all the services that run across the county and kills most with farebox recovery meaning X amount has to be returned to NZTA for each service run meaning the more services run th e more farebox recovery.

The best goal behind this would be being able to use one card and one system for the entire country and one look so wherever you are in the country you know what bus to look for. Plus of it was all controlled by NZTA you could have a better barging deal with purchase power and job rights. There are pluses and minus to both systems. I’m just ready for 2022 when Christchurch gets to (hopefully) trail project NeXT the governments planned nationwide card / phone system to pay for public transport due to be in place in Auckland in 2026 when the current AT Hop system contract ends (hence no phone pay upgrades)

1 Like

28 Likes

A more realistic one…

30 Likes

Hang on, I already did this “what if WIN launched 9Rush?” joke.

1 Like

Wow! They look great!

1 Like

Yes you had the idea earlier, but (sorry if this sounds mean,) @WAtvVideos’ version looks better; in yours the last two logos were clearly added-on, different sizes and lacked the matching shadow/reflection.

2 Likes

@theGradyConnell Here are the seven regional colour variations: Auckland is light blue, Waikato is orange, Bay of Plenty is gold, Palmerston North is green, Wellington is yellow, Christchurch is red and Dunedin is dark blue.

Please note: According to the map, Nelson, Marlborough and the West Coast have the same colour (yellow) as Wellington’s.

3 Likes

Or this?

21 Likes

An Olympic logo - TVNZ style!

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure the IOC would issue a nastygram if anyone actually tried to use something like that (they’re very… sensitive, about the Olympic rings logo).

16 Likes

Yep, I’m just waiting for the call from their lawyers!

5 Likes

What if WIN actually re-did Nine’s standard 5 second dent from 2012?

7 Likes

This is a bit of Random mock that I have been thinking about from this post a while back.

With the possibility of RNZ and TVNZ merger going ahead I was thinking of a brand to bring the both networks together and I thought of the Maori word of Tātou. Which is a pronoun that encompasses a group similar to the word we and/or us.

The use of colon in the logo is a symbolisation of two networks coming together and will be a constant throughout the branding on TV and Radio. It’s also the motif of time and its importance to you the viewer and us (the broadcaster).

Here is some rough ideas I have had.

I haven’t really gone in-depth with this idea especially how it would be addressed on air. Since it wouldn’t be “1 News.”
The logo is inspired from France’s Public Broadcaster France·TV.

16 Likes

A quick mock for a Coles rebrand. I have incorporated elements from previous Coles logos but altered them in this design. The orb element could be interpreted as an orange or mandarin with a stylised “C” as an overlay.

25 Likes

20 Likes

I like them but what do they look like filled in with white text and 10?

1 Like

If Coles actually had this as their logo, Woolworths might have something to say about it.

2 Likes

If it looked like an apple, I would agree, but this is a completely different shape and colour; and with a stylised “C”, it emphasises a point of difference to the Woolworths logo.

2 Likes