Random Mocks

The idea for the orb came from this logo:

I could easily change the colour of the orb to red if there was any issues.

4 Likes

As a consumer, I don’t see any apple here.

1 Like

He’s talking about the use of Woolworths’ Omnes font on the name Coles.

1 Like

Woolworths are no longer using that font for their slogan. They have changed it to a handwritten script font. I have used a font called Cocon Bold, and although similar to Omnes, I have used it differently (ie. non italic and all caps).

1 Like

16 Likes

Nice job, but I prefer the 10 in their current logo.

Don’t mind the channel names included in the circular, definitely prefer them stacked rather than horizontal like they are currently.

3 Likes

I did not realise this is not the current logo but more like the Turn on 10 logo from the 2014 relaunch. I really like the words included in the multichannel logos but I think the current 10 logo looks cooler!

1 Like

Any chance you could make a 10 News First variant, and maybe swap the 1 out to the stylised one that is currently use?

Otherwise :ok_hand:

Would love to see PRG incorporating this design if you have the time.

3 Likes

It is a mix. It has separated the 1 and the 0 from the current logo and taken the gap between the top and bottom of the 1 away too.

2 Likes

Will have a look later tonight. Do you mind me asking what you mean by PRG?

Ahh yes, Cocon is the one I meant (old Petrol and Liquor typefaces in italics)

2 Likes

The graphic that pops up after a return from a program break with the name of the show, station and classification.

3 Likes

The issue is will those be readable on SD transmissions without being too big?

I’d also prefer if the cut-out part of the 1 is still there. Without it, it just looks like bland text on a circular background.

1 Like

I’ve had a bit more time to play around with this concept, so here is the revised version.

The changes are:

1. Adjusted the font structure so it is less casual and more corporate looking.

2. Darkened the red slightly.

3. Increased the saturation of the orb so it “pops” out, especially on the red background.

New additions are stacked versions of the logo.

8 Likes

If Brian Henderson presented Nine News Sydney in 2021:

I’ve had the idea to make a Deepfake of Brian Henderson presenting Nine News Sydney, so I decided to whip these two photos up just to see how it might pan out.

34 Likes

I like these.

3 Likes

Great job/mock, I really enjoyed Brian Henderson reading the news back in the day.

5 Likes

I was more talking about the idea of it though. Woolworths has a stylised w that looks like an apple, this logo incorporates the orb that looks like an orange as well as a stylised letter.
I actually don’t remember that old Coles Group logo though, so that can be thrown back at Woolworth’s in a real life situation.

2 Likes

Rest in Peace Brian

7 Likes

Now I kind of feel bad for making those mocks when I did, the timing of them couldn’t be worse.

Rest in peace Brian.

19 Likes