Random Mocks

Very nice and modern

How do you read the super text on a bright background though?

1 Like

What I would recommend having is a gradient which fades from semi-transparent-black to fully transparent, that way the text at the bottom is visible on light backgrounds.
Love it otherwise :smiley:

If Channel Seven used their standard classification warnings from their current On-Air package.

Cap:

12 Likes

Very nice! :smiley:

2 Likes

Nay.

Safe areas aren’t being observed. If you were to display that on my TV, I would have the ticker cut off from the bottom and the clock/city cut off from the sides.

So isn’t it time for a new TV from this century? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Safe areas still need to be observed for 16.9 though. To give you a general idea:

I’m pretty sure the image above came from TV Forum…wherever it was, full credit to them for this! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Why do ‘safe areas’ still need to be considered. I mean that’s like still selling VHSs just cause some people might still use them. Australian TV is now widescreen.

2 Likes

Because of overscan. Anything that is outside the red line in those guidelines would normally be cut off on most TVs!

4 Likes

My Samsung TV (which is only a couple of years old) has overscan which is impossible to disable, so it always cuts off the extreme edges of the picture. Most new TVs will do this - even though it’s all digital 16:9 (and a bit silly being inherited from the old Analogue TV days). There’s nothing that can be done about it, and that’s why presentation packages have to be designed leaving space for 16:9 overscan.

3 Likes

I never bother with safe areas. My mocks are never going to end up on TV so why bother? It just makes then look silly.

2 Likes

It doesn’t make them look silly, they make them appear realistic from a layout/framing POV

5 Likes

Another WIN mock. How about if they do a Prime7 style of branding?

12 Likes

I think there’s a difference between a mock looking realistic and being broadcast safe. Certainly I agree that pushing text right to the edge of the screen doesn’t work but I don’t think it’s necessary to design within a set box when we are just experimenting with ideas.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mocks [Nicholas]

WIN Ten anyone…

15 Likes

Looks good! Was the logo inspired from my mock?

1 Like

WIN Television - Channel Ten Affiliation mocks:

15 Likes