Random Mocks

You’ve done a great job, but I don’t like it because I dislike CBS’ current theme (with everything in capitals, some of the text is quite small, I don’t even like the text looking horizontally stretched, and placement seems to still be in the 14:9 safe area. Obviously a lot of my personal preference/taste here).

2 Likes

I quite like the current CBC News Opener - thought it all suited Seven the best, so here’s a mock:

I wish I was better at video to piece it together, but try and imagine the wipey stuff and the news report expanding out of the Seven logo.

32 Likes

This thread is being restored :raised_hands:t2:

12 Likes

Just to make sure that doesn’t happen, I did see this in my unfinished mocks folder that seemed appropriate for the thread…

22 Likes

Love the font for “news”.

I’d go with the current red though - not the darker maroon.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Looks fantastic with the retro look!

1 Like

Do Seven call them Reporterer’s now? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Only on March the 45th!

7 Likes

I don’t mind seeing “Retro-style” mocks, but they’ve got to look vaguely like something you could imagine actually seeing on television - like @Moe’s of a Late 1990s super for Seven Nightly News.

4 Likes

Retro type mock for Prime Local News. Inspired by @Moe

6 Likes

14 Likes

It looks a little off because the dots don’t line up with the baseline of the USH text.

3 Likes

Apologies for the typo on that - the 45th was a Tuesday. It’s tough to keep up with dates right now.

7 Likes

Didn’t someone post here the link to download the ABC fonts (from the ABC website)? (I think it was a few months ago.)

2 Likes

A continuation of my 7 Network Moc which included a new corporate logo, and following the discussions in the Prime 7 News threads. Took me about 20 minutes all up showing there is no excuse for Prime 7 News having such yucky lower thirds.

22 Likes

Useful stuff for mocks & Useful stuff for mocks ABC Fonts Posted by @marquisite & @the_xrod

2 Likes

I think the text in the supers should be solid and not fade out for readability. But clean and simple looks fantastic!

I’d be interested to see you create a new Prime7 Local News logo to match it.

2 Likes

@Zacgb looks cool!

I think the white bar is too big and thick. Something odd about the font too. And the heavy black don’t.

I’d like to see you attempt something like this. Logos on the right with social media handles or weather flipper and the website promoted. And in thinner white boxes with prime colors red / white.

5 Likes

Fantastic.

2 Likes