Random Mocks

7 Likes

Here are some quick mocks for a Nine rebrand. Personally I think the “9” needs updating or could be dropped entirely, which serves the basis of this mock.

Logo
Here’s the proposed logo, as you can see the “9” has been dropped and a new slogan “Feel at home” is added.

Channel Logos
Nothing to special or no significant changes. 9 Gem was dropped, couldn’t think of anything to replace it with besides a Sport channel?

Nine News
Again, no major changes.

PRG’s
Not drastically different, but fresher colours are used.

Other
Today gets a refresh, set and graphics wise. I’m liking the new presenting team so they’d stay. 9 Now stays similar.

Any feedback or ideas would be very much appreciated :smiley:

21 Likes

I have always believed this should be the direction Nine take.
Even though the 9 is iconic I now always read the logo as Nine-Nine because all other Nine related properties just use the dots and not the ‘9’

5 Likes

Looks amazing!

1 Like

Slogan could be ‘Join the dots’!
Seriously though, that is really clever & bloody cool!

2 Likes

We make you feel at home…
Yes, you’re home on Nine

2 Likes

Nice mocks there! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice. I love a mock that covers all parts of the presentation!

5 Likes

I feel that just the dots look weird, it works well with the life, go, sport channel names and the news, but I feel the main channel might have to keep the 9, and drop the dots. yeah, my main point is that those dots don’t really work on their own, with everything else it looks great.

2 Likes

Something like this maybe?

1 Like

Argentina: “Estas en casa, estas en canal trece” (You’re at home, you’re at channel thirteen)

3 Likes

…and the team forgot to update the backdrop.:laughing:

1 Like

With NSW going to the polls in just over a month from now and a Federal vote expected in May, one element of Australian TV On-Air Presentation I’d expect to see a lot of discussion on Media Spy during the first half of 2019 is related to Election Night(s) coverage.

Realistically I’d probably Nine to keep the graphics used since Federal Election 2016 for the NSW state poll and maybe a new package for the 2019 Federal Poll, but here’s an idea for a refreshed Seat Count L3 graphic based on a mock super I did earlier - this time with Proxima Nova for a genuine “Nine News” feel! The out of focus background image with the NSW flag & Macquarie Street was taken from the 2015 coverage, just incase anyone’s wondering:

I’m thinking of adding a ticker (which can be used for social media commentary, etc.), but haven’t quite settled on a layout for that yet.

9 Likes

Quick mock to say I think 10 should add or ditch 10peach/bold and have a channel dedicated to beauty, fashion, and design. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I wonder if Nine will use Australia Votes/NSW Votes 2019, with the ‘9’ being the Ch9 logo.

1 Like

Probably not, since they didn’t use it in 2019 program promos

I did this very quickly, nothing really changes, except that is would be a nation wide bulletin to regional Australia.

5 Likes

“WIN News National” coverups over Nine News bulletins come to mind…

3 Likes

The SBSfood watermark is too big, should be smaller

2019 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras ABC signpost.

11 Likes

Not really a mock, more a quick re-edit (using the endtag of an actual promo listing multiple shows that were on last night) but here’s what I think the “Tonight” Lineups on ABC-TV should look like if they’re not going to bother incorporating program footage/imagery like they do with the “Next, Then, Later” spots:

…and one I should’ve uploaded back in November, a watermark on NBN Nine for the Central/Gold Coast markets that’s been properly aligned with consistent transparency levels:

6 Likes