Random Mocks

Can you widen it out a bit? There should no longer be a need to to restrict it to the 4:3 safe area.

4 Likes

Found myself inspired to whip up some Seven News mocks too!

13 Likes

Abit of fun with a Nine Rebrand :slight_smile:

33 Likes

Remember those mock DAB+ Slideshow Images I did for 2CH a while back? Well here’s an updated version to accommodate for the presenter changes which have been made since then:

Also while I’m at it, a “Now Playing” slide - obviously the album covers would go where the green square is with track info to the side of that:

2CHMockDAB%20SlideshowImageNowPlaying

Last but certainly not least, an updated version of the logo because 2CH are now playing “Classic Hits” instead of “Easy Classics” and also because they really like pushing the fact they’re in stereo on DAB+ Digital Radio:

2CHMockDAB%20SlideshowImageLogoClassicHits

Comments & constructive criticism welcome, as per usual.

10 Likes

I like it

3 Likes

Just look at that blur that fooled me! “The internet’s still buffering…”

3 Likes

This is seriously good! Would look even better with the new 9 logo you mocked up :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

To me, the presenter images look “old-fashioned”. I think the outlined names would be better as a solid colour text.

Awesome, I can even the animations would be that the upcoming show circles would expand from the circles in the logo (not sure if that’s how you imagined it)

2 Likes

What programs does everyone use, Adobe, photoshop, illustrator? something else?

Yeah, I tried that but it clashed with the blue background in some of the pics.

1 Like

Hmm, yeah, does the text need to be blue? It may work if it was a black or grey. (Black probably wouldn’t work for some, (especially the first one). But yeah, maybe the outline is the only way to do it, unless you go crazy and use a pink or bright green :laughing:

Yeah, I decided to make the text blue because that’s obviously the dominant colour of 2CH’s branding.

My aim for these mock slideshow images is for something that’s simple, yet professional looking and easy on the eye. This by contrast, is an example of the actual “Now Playing” slide from 2CH’s DAB+ transmission:

2chslide47830_58

I get what they’re trying to do but that floating, background removed pic of The Rocks doesn’t really look that great IMO.

3 Likes

More bits & pieces of this mock package… feedback welcome :hugs:

10 Likes

Looks great! Only thing I’m not really sure on is the use of gold for Breaking news?
Maybe a light orange or yellow would be better?
Great to see it live away from red though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I personally think the gold sets it off well. Orange might blend too much with the red, this way “breaking news” and “emergency alerts” stand out easily.

But the gold and black looks tonnes better than gold and white! Great work! A refreshing take on the 2010 package, their last truly unique one.

1 Like

Mock while bored :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Today with a ticker.

24 Likes

I like this and think Today should return the news ticker. Just where is the logo and clock?

Plus you will need an element of yellow or orange at breakfast.

1 Like