Random Mocks

Sorry to be harsh but that isn’t really a mock. More like words tacked over a backdrop.

14 Likes

Coca-Cola, as easy as ABC!

The slogan writes itself.

Also if we’re to indulge this idea with any seriousness, maybe use a current photo of William Street?

5 Likes

decided to quickly play around with this idea myself, with the ABC logo

31 Likes

I literally have no clue how to make a decent mock…but I’ll figure it out one day

1 Like

Follow tutorials on YouTube, and practice. I recommend trying out the photoshop trial as well. I made terrible mocks when starting out, but with practice, you can improve! :slight_smile:

(example of one of my first ever mocks above)

7 Likes

There’s a Guide to Mocking here just for that.

6 Likes

Another go at creating new graphics for 7NEWS, with consistent uniform across 7NEWS, Sunrise and The Latest.

7NEWS

Sunrise

The Latest

7 Likes

This looks pretty good. I would like to see the moving ticker come back on Sunrise as part of a revamp.

2 Likes

the borders for the L3’s need to go away - maybe put you mock on a coloured background

3 Likes

Love it, but the ABC already over does the blue. Would love them to return to purple.

Here is some advice @LLZ, when I first started producing mocs about 3 years ago, I began by replicating current graphics. For example, I remember I tried replicating the Today Show graphics of that time. I tried to get them spot on, this way you can work on your graphical skills and get to know the software you are using.

Best of luck!

5 Likes

I was messing around in Paint3D and I personal think that this looks go if this logo was ever revamped. (My first mock as well, also tried to line it up to about the same as the 9HD logo.)

11 Likes

An idea sparked by @nationalnews in the Sunrise thread this morning. Sunrise introduced a new graphic this morning in between the two main hosts. The effect did not look good on TV. Here are some of my ideas:

Here is the original:

Ideas:

My personal favourite is the second last one.

29 Likes

As I was scrolling down & noticed “The elephant in the room” I was almost expecting one time for there to be an elephant in between the hosts!

2 Likes

My personal favourite is the last one. Some great mocks here!

2 Likes

All look awesome! Your mock for the plasma between them is exactly what they should have done, it needed the depth to show what they were trying to achieve.

If I had to choose, either the first or third one :+1:t3:

2 Likes

They are all nice graphic designs, but I too like the second last one because you can still incorporate the live shot of Martin Place.

@killy06 I agree the vertical plasma looks nice and that is the idea behind their original graphic. But they obviously don’t have one available, otherwise I suspect they would have just used it imstead of creating a graphic.

2 Likes

The first ones. It’s a National Show so I wouldn’t put Sydney in it

3 Likes

3rd or last one to me. In my eyes, its important to have Martin Place there.

2 Likes

The last I checked, Martin Place (ie location of Seven’s news/current affairs HQ and the current backdrop of Sunrise) is in Sydney.

I’d imagine that even people interstate who don’t watch Sunrise know that Martin Place is in Sydney.

3 Likes